93 Nitro finally sold to a budding bass pro 15yr old

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
Didn't get as much as I wanted, but I was willing to go low so this 15yr old high school young man could get a start with a bass boat instead of a jon boat he was borrowing. Gave him some brand new tackle trays and 2 tackle bags full of new worms, jigs (I got it for free a while back), besides I'd never get to use them. Gave him a brand new polishing kit (Protec) with buffing pads, backing pads, wet sanding grades from 800 to 1500 grit among other freebies. Gonna watch his progress on his high school facebook bass tournament page. Hope it gives him years of service, even gave them spare parts I had on hand.

Here it was as it sit in the yard yesterday

1.jpg~original

4.jpg~original

2.jpg~original

I will bet that young man doesn't need a boat to float above the water... LOL!!! As Tox said, way to pay it forward. And, if that boat has a soul it will be happy to be carrying a new generation into the future. Nice story.

Last weekend or so, he posted his first pics of bass he caught on the school tournament trail and his dad bragging to others how his son worked to save the money to buy that boat. Made me feel good losing a grand on it :D

That's how we teach the young the joy of fishing and life. Don't need drugs or other illegal stuff to get high. Way to go Air Force......

Last weekend or so, he posted his first pics of bass he caught on the school tournament trail and his dad bragging to others how his son worked to save the money to buy that boat. Made me feel good losing a grand on it :D

Air Force,38-40 votes

Don't look at it as "losing" a grand... You "invested" .a grand in the future of our sport. You did a great thing putting that young man on the water in a safe, dependable bass boat. Get him to join over here if you have contact info.... Great fishermen here more than willing to share and welcome him.

Over 15 years ago, our Bass Club (yeah I was a member of a Bass club...lost soul) welcomed a young 17 yr old into the club on a very close vote (1 or 2 vote margin out of 38 or 40 votes...he got 21 votes). Today, that young man is a very good friend

I don't think you will ever regret helping this young angler to a wonderful hobby and sport. This is what helps young people stay out of trouble.

Yes the boat is an excellent boat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 224
does still have a minor issue, but I'll be down his way to fix that :oops: (my wiring on the dash connections flawed, so gonna redo it)

I'm fishing my second regional tournament in it this Saturday at smith lake. Anyone have any tips for smith?

Man its been many many years since I fished Smith Lake - it was the the week after I returned from Vietnam in Sept 1970. Fished with my best friend who's now a retired AL State Police Lt. Did you ever get a fishfinder to put on the boat yet? It would be a good way to find those points that go from shallow to deep water - but probably right about now they might be making beds. But I'd leave that to the fishing experts which AIN'T ME :(

Yea I got two of them, a lowrance elite 4x up front and a humming bird 581 combo at the consol.

Latest posts

Back