898 Horsepower:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bouvier

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why the new brochure catalog from Nitro showing there 898 performance bass boat with max HP of 225. When I went to the local dealer he informs me that the general public can get it in the 200 HP only. Have to be on Nitro State team to get the 225 HP. Is this a ploy or what? If the ad says a 225HP max HP without stating anything in there about being a state team member I would think one should be able to get it.

Checked the web site and it only has up to 200hp as optional. But the spec sheet say rated for 225hp. If it's rated to 225 then they should sell 225's with them. Well at least that's my opinion.

If not?? What up with that??

I have a new 898 comeing. Due in the 1st week of March. I ordered it with a 225 EFI. I am just a comon public guy, no state team. KENNY

Buzz,

Nitro already knows that you can't handle the extra horsepower!!! If you become a Nitro State Team member, they will know that you are SERIOUS!!

Bob G.

The brochures for 2003 also rate the boat for 225 but only offer pricing for up to 200.

Check with another Nitro dealer in your area. 898 with a 225EFI, no problem. Come on down and let's order one up!

I think it kind of strange also. my boat, the lx700 is rated for 125hp but the lit usually goes to 90hp max and they don't inlude the `115 or 125 in the motor upgrades section.

jd

Buzz,

Find a new dealer, you're being hosed. You shouldn't have any problems putting a 225 on there.

I'm guessing that the dealer has an inventory issue (either no 225's or too many extra 200's) and is just PUSHING you towards the 200.

Marke

My 911CDC is rated for 300, but they don't offer it with a 300hp :(. Oh, yeah, Merc hasn't released a 300hp yet.... :)

I'm not in the marker for a new boat, I was just passing time with the salesman and he informed me of regulations on the HP for the 898. With 3 kids graduating from college next year and hoping they assume there loans from Mom & Dad, that's when Dad will look for a new ride.. A year old staff boat.. Until then I will keep my eyes open for a replacement once I move the 896.

Buzz, you know how I feel about the Marine Collection now. Sounds like they're proving me right and putting their foot in their mouth. Not very smart sales. You want a 225? 225 IT IS!!! As long as it's legal.

Buzz,..I'll hook you up with a '03 Ranger 520 w/a 225Opti for the same $$ or possibly LESS!!!!! You have my number!! Seeya in March!!

Mac

I hoping Mac, also I have called three times and your never home.LOL or your kids are like mine and you never get the message that I called.. LOL...

I did see a Merc 300 HP hanging on the back of a Triton a the boat show recently. The case looked big enough to house a 427. How do you think one of those would work on my PT185? Talk about a hole shot. LOL

Harpo

I saw a 300 merc on a bullet at the Media Championship on Texoma last year. You know that thing was indeed a bullet!!

I have had to chance to ride in a Triton with the Mercury 300. All I can say is sit down, shut up and hold on.

Rpb L

The 300hp Merc is a "High Performance" engine and is only available through merc dealers that are certified for high performance.

Rick Clunn was running a 300 on a 911. He also has ran a 250. I dont know what he has right now....I would guess the new 250XS.

Mini

Latest posts

Back