• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

70's Bear Kodiak Hunter 60"AMO, X-45#

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score

I have a 60" AMO Bear Kodiak Hunter for sale.

From everything I've read about these bows, this is a 70's model - But I'm not sure of the exact year. The serial number starts with "KT", and I've been told that is a primary identifier for a 70's bow.

It is green with a straight blue stripe right down the middle of the riser with light colored trim strips between the green and blue. It has dark green glass on the belly and back. "Bear Glass-Powered", and then "Kodiak Hunter" is in a glow-looking green writing on the top limb. The Michigan Patent lable is on the bottom limb in the same color.

Marked "X-45#" on the riser, right below the serial number and AMO length. I took the shelf material off, and it is marked "42" on the shelf side and "422" on the shelf bottom. Tested on my scale, at my 27" draw length, it was pulling 42#'s. Pulling it back another inch yielded 44#'s on my spring scale.

New three color flemish twist string - florescent green, blue, and yellow - matches the bow very well. Bow Hush "Hush Puppies" installed on string. Green Halo serving. Bottom limb tip protector.

This is a older Bear in extremely good condition. I have owned two Bear Grizzlys before that were nowhere close to the condition of this bow. There is no limb twist or tip damage that I can see at all. I cannot find a single stress line in the fiberglass that my other two Bear's had. I was very suprised at the condition of this bow when I first bought it used a while back.

$125 Local pickup in the Hampton Roads VA area, or I can meet you part of the way for a small road trip (that way if you want to shoot it, you can - all you want). If you would like to purchase it and want it shipped, the price listed is WITHOUT shipping. You pay actual shipping and insurance is required - non negotiable. I would much rather someone pick up this bow in person, so that no risk of shipping damage is possible.

Call Glenn at 757-537-9564

DSCF0829.jpg

DSCF0830.jpg

Bow may be sold, pending shipping arrangements to Springer from Stickbow.com. I will update as soon as shipping amount is approved or rejected by the pending buyer.

All the best,

Glenn

Back