2008 Nitro 640 LX Prop and Hole Shot questions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike H

Reaction score
2008 Nitro LX 640, with 2008 Merc 60, non bigfooot, currently has a quicksilver prop 13 pitch, 3 Blade. Also run 2 people 450 lbs, Having problems getting boat up on plane. originally Boat leaned to port, once on plane. I have Raised Manual Jack plate, 1/2 inch lean went away. Now

1) How high for a CMC jackplate can I go with the engine?

2) Mecury prop sight, through their analysis said I should use 16 pitch 4 blade spitfire.

Any Ideas? Its a great boat, really don't care about loosing top spped, just want to get out of the hole and get on plane. Yes the engine is trimmed allway down and tucked under.

If you are using a jackplate you should have a water pressure gauge. A drop in pressure means you've gone too high will fry the motor. It is also too high when you trim and not much happens and blows out quickly. If you're having a hard time now with the 13P you probably should choose a smaller pitch prop. Leaning to one side or the other can also be an unevenly weight distribution. Like one person weighing more than the other and storing all your tackle boxes on one side of the boat. Same goes for front to rear.

Dealer had me raise jack plate. 1/2 inch solved the prop torque issue. Still difficult to get on plane with 2you people and full livewell. I think the 13 pitch quicksilver is not the right prop. However at and on plane gps had me going 33mph. I just need a better holeshot to get boat out of hole

Latest posts

Back