1995 Nitro Trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Kelly

Reaction score
I have a 95 180TF Nitro. The problem is with the trailer. The cross beams are rusting out and cracking, I have never seen this problem in the midwest. I was wondering if any one has seen this problem in the sea board states. I am thinking that the boat was used in salt water. When I purchased the boat, from a dealer, it had Flordia plates on it. Thanks

Try sending an e-mail to Magna19 from here...he's pretty knowledgeablke about metal and welding...he might be able to suggest your "fix".

I had a 1992 Nitro with a painted trailer. Never used it in salt water, and within three years I had the same problem. I just think the trailers are cheaply made. With my current Nitro I opted for the galvanized trailer. Hoping it will hold up better.

Hey Salt is not a friend of your trailer no matter what brand. You can repaire the effected area but at least in my neck of the woods it will only be temporary. Fix a spot then another will show up later and so on. Just keep your eyes open for another trailer or even new if its in your budget. Good Luck...Bruce Street,Maryland (near the Chesapeak Bay)

the best thing to 1st off is to get the boat off the trailer to weld/work on it.then comes the fun part!!

take it somewhere they have a sandblaster,and blast all the rust off it.then get a welder and plate the tubes where the cracks are.put gussets on each tube where it meets the frame side tubes.weld anyplace that looks like it could use an extra spot of weld on it.

now is a good time to rewire lights/add lights and such!!

then comes the fun part.painting it.after sanding it,or having it sandblasted,primer it with good primer/sealer,or an expoxy primer.then a good auto paint,dupont centari acrylic enamer,utech,or imron 5000.depending on how carried away you want to get.mine has utech on it for 3 yrs,and it still shines!

weigh your options before you make your decision,new trailer,or rebuild yours.

Latest posts

Back