Update on Mercury Cutting Out for Bob B

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got the boat back, and wanted to give Bob and anyone one else who responded to my original post- He replaced the MAP sensor, and found a bunch of the fuel line bad along with the primer bulb, so he replaced. He also replaced the fitting coming out of the top of the tank, which had a little check valve or ball in it, said that was screwed up also replaced that, but with one that does not have the ball in it-Should it?? Thanks again for all the help- A great site!!

ace,

your new primer ball has check valve in it so i would surmise the check valve in the pickup line was redundant.

replaceing fuel line and primer is a cheap preventive maintance measure we all should condider every 5 years or so.

My bet is that the fuel line, anti-siphon valve was the cause. The C/G requires this "ball valve" in place....but.....it is a source of restriction. ;)

bob,

i thought the check valve in a primer ball is a anti-sipon valve.

are you saying this is not the case? please enlighten me

The primer bulb does indeed have a check valve in it....but....the one we are referring to is located on the fuel tank, at the 90 degree elbow, and is the "barb" that the fuel line attaches to.

that being said wouldn't the check (anti-siphon) valve in the primer ball satisfy uscg regulations?

No. The anti-siphon valve is in place in case the fuel line breaks off the tank end, it will not allow fuel to siphon out, as it requires a vacuum to open.....

Great info aabout the anti-siphon valve and the primer bulb.

Tim, Now that you got it fixed, ya need to take your uncle out fishing!

thank you bob b. for makeing that info clear,

which i'm sorry to say for ace means his mechanics fix was incorrect he indeed needs the fitting with the ball in it. NOT the one without a check valve in it.

i guess that was my point in pursueing a more clear definition.

if ace's fuel delivery is still poor after the antisiphon is put back in the system

then i would sugest a fuel pump rebild kit would help the fuel delivery.

Hey Bob, thanks again for claryfing how to identify the injectors, plan on taking the boat out tomorrow. Just wanted to say thanks. Fred.

Latest posts

Back