Semper Fi

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://www.nitroowners.com/~librar
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
At this time of year, friends will send me things... One such "thing" was waiting in my email inbox tonight. On the 10th, in a few days, we will again celebrate another birthday of the Corps. This year, I wanted to get an early start by sharing the attached... All good stuff. Some made me cry and some made me laugh. All made me remember.

A sample:

"United States Marine Corps:

Leader of men, teller of tall tales, legend in his own mind, U.S. Marine extraordinaire,

stream fordable, air dropable, beer fueled, water cooled, author, history maker, lecturer,traveler, freedom fighter, defender of the faith. Wars fought, tigers tamed, revolutions started, bars emptied, alligators castrated. Let me win your hearts and minds or I'll burn your damn hut down."
http://www.nitroowners.com/~library/2914/MARINESWHOWEARE.pdf

Sir, this time of year I tend to reflect a bit more then usual, that's for sure, as do you it seems. Thanks for the post.

Below is one that stood out (among many) for me; whenever I would say goodbye to dad either in person or on the phone he always ended the conversation with "I love you and Be a good Marine."

In my opinion you have done just that. Your dad would be very proud my friend....You are a true friend Carlos...JR

Great post Greg! I understand your feelings fellas and wanted to wish you both an early Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!! 11-10-2010 A big thanks goes out to both of you and your fellow Marines and all of our U. S. Armed Forces, present and past. We all enjoy the liberties our founding fathers intended, and created the USMC to insure! I just want to add one of my most favorite prayers ever read:

The Marine's Prayer

Almighty Father , whose command is over all and whose love never fails, make me aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will. Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty in purpose and deed and helping me to live so that I can face my fellow Marines, my loved ones and Thee without shame or fear. Protect my family. Give me the will to do the work of a Marine and to accept my share of responsibilities with vigor and enthusiasm. Grant me the courage to be proficient in my daily performance. Keep me loyal and faithful to my superiors and to the duties my country and the Marine Corps have entrusted to me. Make me considerate of those committed to my leadership. Help me to wear my uniform with dignity, and let it remind me daily of the traditions which I must uphold.

If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith; if I am tempted, make me strong to resist; if I should miss the mark, give me courage to try again.

Guide me with the light of truth and grant me wisdom by which I may understand the answer to my prayer.

AMEN.

Semper Fidelis Marines.:D
http://www.muddyboots.net/semperfi/usmc/marinesp.html

This is from the movie "We were Soldiers"

[Moore and Geoghegan a prayer before leaving for Vietnam]

Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: Our Father in Heaven, before we go into battle, every soldier among us will approach you each in his own way. Our enemies too, according to their own understanding, will ask for protection and for victory. And so, we bow before your infinite wisdom. We offer our prayers as best we can. I pray you watch over the young Jack Geoghegan. That I lead into battle. You use me as your instrument in this awful hell of war to watch over them. Especially if they're men like this one beside me, deserving of a future in your blessing and goodwill. Amen.

2nd Lieutenant Jack Geoghegan: Amen.

Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord, about our enemies, ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to Hell. Amen.

TOXIC

You jarheads don't look 235 years old. And I thought 'I' was old. God bless you ALL!

Happy birthday

Latest posts

Back