Battery guage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Mills

Reaction score
I have a nitro Z7 2012 and my battery guage is not showing any reading. Batteries are fully charged and everyhting works on the boat. Just stopped working. Does anyone know how to fix or test to see if I need a new one?

Thanks in advance

Your description sounds like a new one is needed. Double check by testing a battery for volts with a tester and then connect this to the gauge and see if its the same. If it is then the wiring is bad. Check ground.

Check the leads attached to the gauge for volts. The most likely culprit is the wires have shorted somewhere. Check the hot wire by grounding to a working ground wire nearby, if it shows the right volts you have a bad ground. No volts, a bad hot. Grounds are always the most likely problem as they tend to have the most corrosion. Spring maintenance should always include a thorough cleaning of all electrical connections especially on boats which are subject to moisture and galvanic corrosion.

Latest posts

Back