Z9 Recall

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leif Cefalo

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why the Z9 was recalled? What was the issue and has it been remedied? It appears people are beginning to receive thier boats.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like there were some changes from 07s to 08s, i have heard different things from different people on what those changes are, so i can't say i honestly know or have talked to anyone that actually knew. I do know an 07 z9 was just sent back to the factory here in Katy to get fixed.

My buddie has a Z9 and I have talked to Greg G. about his and the recall. The first Z9s were given to the pro staff and they were to run them and tell the factory what they did or didn't like. Most of them said the cooler was way too small and there was too much flexing in the hull. Greg said he didn't know if Kevins cracked hull was because of the flexing or that he hit something or a combination of both.

All of the pros and any consumer that bought the first Z9s had to return them and were given new boats with the hulls reinforced and a very large cooler and some other small changes the pros wanted. Thats all I know about the recall.

My buddie picked his boat up at the factory and they told him to keep them posted about anything he didn't like or needed changed. They also told him to bring the boat back this winter after his tourneys were done and they would trade his 07 out for a 08, no charge. He has told me many times how much he loves his Z9 and Greg G. told me the same thing.

Later<>< <>< <>< Jack

a guy in my club has one and he was told it was a fuel vapor issue with a few boats, and to remedy it everybody was just going toget a new hull, his came in last week and he will have hes engine and other stuff switched to the new hull in august.

mike c

One thing is for sure and I just can't wait for those morons at the other board to eat their words when this does happen...Nitro will get it together and it'll be one of the greatest things that's come down the pike.

New and better designs is what it's all about and being able to think outside the box.

And IMHO Tracker/Nitro has really gotten pretty good at it.

The Revolution hull is some pretty good engineering in itself;)

Latest posts

Back