Z8 with an opti 200

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen Summers

Reaction score
Guys, my brother called me asking about a 2011 Z8 he found for sell. The only concern is that it is outfitted with a Merc Optimax 200Pro XS. I thought it would have come standard with the 225.does anyone out there have the same rig and how does it perform? We all know there is nothing worse than a boat that is under powered. It kills the fuel economy and then you see fins and all sorts of devices added to get that little extra out of it. I realize the hull designs have supposedly improved but was wondering if any of you can speak from experience?

Thanks Glen

Guys, I stand corrected, the Z8 comes standard with the 200. But the question of economy and performance still stands.

Hi Glen

I have a 2011 with a 2006 200 optimax (not the pro xs) Had no choice. I get about 66 mph jumps right up. It is a little under proped turnning about 5350 at wide wide open. the motor is also low in the water almost 5 inches under pad. The storage space sucks in the boat (my own opinion I had a 901 that was replaced.) And no its not the fastest but it sure has a nice ride. I think I get good gas milage also the oil consumption is much lower than I expected. It is 2 miles faster than the 901 if that means anything. Speeds are GPS based numbers.

From what I have been hearing, set up right, the 200 will move the Z8 about 70.

Latest posts

Back