Z8 Owners - 225 or 250?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Munaretto

Reaction score
Hey everyone - this post is primarily for those with a z8, but heck I know the rest of ya are gonna chime in :) I'm likely upgrading from the 901 to the Z8, for those that have the Z8, what kind of speeds are you seeing from the 225 and what kind of speeds from the 250? Also, what other thoughts do you have about the boat? Another team guy I know says he's seeing 74mph with just him and around 70 tournament - this with a 225, not bad at all - just wondering what I'd get with the 250 and trying to see what others are getting with the 225...

David

David,...a 250 will get you maybe an extra 2 mph,....but it will double your insurance!!HUGE jump in premiums from a 225 to a 250...atleast it is here!!!:blink:

Dave,I don't own a Z8 but my fishing partner does.He has the 225 XS and I have been very impressed with it. He has a 10 inch jack plate on it and it runs between 70-75 depending on the load.What I have really been impressed with is fuel mileage.On the break in period we went on a 4 hour ride at varying rpm's and only used half a tank of fuel.That was between 3500-4500 rpm's.I have heard that the 250 was a gass hog but don't know that for a fact.I really like the Z8 and know in another year I'm going to upgrade to one.

Funny, on the BBC Nitro boards some of the dealers and pros said no use going with a 225 over a 200 because of the same thing. They say either go 200 or 250 so I am not sure what to tell you.

Dave - REALY crazy idea, since its a "team boat" and comes with the usual terms and conditions - A) which has a better resale value, and B) which puts the payments after the 'team boat' terms have run its coarse in a favorable light should you or the MRS. lose the job that doesn't put you on welfare!! LOL Seriously, look at the financials short and long term for a secondary hobby.

Ya Trep, good advice... but I gotta drive it, and man... if the 225 hits 72-74 and the 250 hits 78+ well then... dangit, I like fast... I know NTOWS is the place for honest answers, so I figured I would ask...

Latest posts

Back