Z8 - Noise when making turns

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C McMahan

Reaction score
Hey there, we just bought a 2010 Nitro Z8; tandem axle trailer. I believe my husband has the correct wire connections. The trailer makes a noise when turning...even just veering off from a relatively straight path. It occurs going forward and reverse. It comes from the axle/tires/brakes area. Doesn't sound good to me...sounds like we are forcing through something that we shouldn't be. Any ideas?? Thanks guys.

Make sure the lug nuts are tight, other than that my guess is bearings. Look for grease slung out onto the rim (inside and outside), if they are making noise they need to be changed ASAP.

Shouldn't be an issue. Can't think of many tandem axel trailers that don't make popping and/or creaking noises when the axels aren't running straight down the road.

Thanks guys...we'll look at the bearings. Also, I guess we just need to get accquainted with this type of trailer. We have another Nitro with a single axle trailer....familiar with the creaking noise. I'll continue to pay attention to the popping sound. It makes me cringe though! We're fixing to take it out on our maiden run on Grand Lake and are so excited!

Jim C is spot on. The axles try to work aganist each other when turning.

Mine is the same .... creaks and pops while turning , especially turning while backing up.

Not as bad as some other guys though, sounds like theirs is going to break in half at any time !!!

Latest posts

Back