Z7 livewell

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan B

Reaction score
i have a new Z7 and can't figure out the livewell. i push the red valve inside the livewell in and turn on the pump and water starts to pump in but it only fills up a few inches. it continues to pump in but never fills up. i do have a plug in the bottom og the livewell.

anyone have the new Z7 or know how to operate the livewell? the owners manual covers the old style livewell that the 591 had not this one and i called the dealer and they couldn't figure it out either.

thanks,

I can't figure it out either. :unsure: I went to the lake today and was thinking about your question so I started messing with it. Since I've never used this boat for anything but fun fishing I've never actually "used" the livewell other than to see that it worked when I first bought it. My problem is the opposite of yours. Mine fills about 3 or 4 inches when I'm just running around and when I tried to pump it out, it filled up all the way. I tried every which way to get it to pump out and no luck. It says on the the top of the livewell...

"PUMP OUT FEATURE

PULL RECIRCULATOR NOZZLE

ACTIVATE RECIR/MAN SWITCH
"

When I do that, not much happens. Maybe it recirculates....I don't remember, but it doesn't drain or pump out on the side of the boat. When I pull the boat out, it drains for forever.

Maybe I need to dig out that owners manual:rolleyes: How is the 591 livewell different than the Z-7 ?

I could be wrong, but it sounds as if you are only circulating water in the livewell, that is why you dont see it rising only circulating water thats in the livewell.

Sooner - my manual doesn't cover the type of livewell controls that i have. i got mine to fill today - i had to use the areator switch. that filled it up. doesn't maek sense to me. on another note once i got the livewell to fill up it was a lot harder to get on plane. i had to go wot to get up.

No doubt that it will be tougher to get up with a full livewell...that's an extra 284.24 pounds of water weight.

I need to get this thing figured out. I understood the livewell system on my old Tracker perfectly even though we hardly ever used it.

I had a problem with my livewell this weekend too. I turned on both pumps to fill it and after about 10 minutes it was only about a third of the way full. I'm like, what the heck is going on. I shut off the pums and w/in a couple minutes the well was dry and the fish were flopping on the bottom. I turned on the bilge pump and pumped for about 15-20 minutes. After I shut it off I could hear water trickling in somewhere. Sounds like I'm pulling the boat apart to check my hoses. :angry:

Gene

Sooner - you have the livewell with the red valve in the livewell that you can pull out and push in correct?

i called tracker marine today to see if they have documentation on it yet since my manual came with documentation for a different style livewell system. they are checking it and are suppose to call me back. if i get any info i'll let you know - that is if you have the same one as me.

On mine, even with the plug in (which is hard to put in with the screen in the well), it fills up about 3-4".

You have to push the red nozzle in, and activate the manual recirc to fill the livewell. The aerate switch really doesn't fill it.

To pump it out, pull the red nozzle out and turn on the manual recirc.

It is hard to figure out, since what they cal the things and what they do are different.

Latest posts

Back