1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Z7 Engine Height

Thread in 'Motors & Props' started by Mike Wagner, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Mike Wagner

Mike Wagner Well-Known Member

I have a Nitro Z7 with 150 Pro XS (no jack plate). My motor is mounted in the second hole from the top. On Nitro's website, I see a photo of a Z7 with the motor mounted in the third hole from the top, which puts the motor higher on the transom than mine. I am wondering how others have theirs rigged, and if you know of any advantages or disadvantages of moving the motor up one hole. Thanks,

Mike

2. Boat4life

Boat4life Active Member

Mine is mounted in 3rd hole....there are 5 holes and the 3rd is the middle one. Works perfect for my 150 ProXS and Z7 hull.

3. nathan maufort

nathan maufort New Member

i would like to know where i would get the best performance out of my z8 with 225. It seems like i Blow out when i am about to plane out.

4. Scott Hammer  TOXIC

Scott Hammer TOXIC Well-Known Member

When do you start trimming out? I had to leave my 929 trimmed down until the nose fell over, then I could start trimming. Where are you mounted now? What is your prop to pad measurement? What prop are you running? Lots of variables and not a "1 answer fits all" type of issue.