Z7 150 Merc Hard To Plane

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting on a friend to test his z7 to make changes to mine. He put a 6” jack plate on it. Another gentleman put a whale tail on but I don’t like them much. I’ll keep you informed.

motor is mounted 3rd hole.in midle. I do have 2 talons but was boggy befor that. when i get her up handles like a porsche 57 avg.5600 rpm loaded. do the prop plugs help rpms as ive read? i would need a bunch or 23p prop? been told to lower motor but was told it would chine at hi speed. im not speed junkie 55 good.just need to get outa the hole in less than 40seconds. thanks for any help

I've run an SE Sport 300 hydrofoil for years now. It is more narrow than some, absolutely effective for hole shot performance and completely trouble free. Do not use the "clamp" device option. It won't hold up. The unit comes with a very easy to use paper templet that is fool proof for mounting properly. Running one now since new on 17 Z-18 two years and zero negative about it. I have the Atlas Jack as well and the device lets me run the Jack at a higher setting than without it. Honesty, I wouldn't run an engine without one now..

The FIRST thing to do is check for a hooked hull. Do not add a foil yet. Z-7s are known for this. It means the boat was pulled out of the mold too early and it sagged. If you are the original owner, and it is hooked, Tracker will take care of you.

since new have had hard time plaining boat very slugish. 150 merc tempst 24p from dealer prop has plugs. plugs have holes in them. boat planes empty at a average time. with fuel n gear not a chance most times need a buddy ti sit up front for 20 seconds. would removing plugs help? or did dealer put wrong prop on? with 1/4 tank fuel and gear and wind at my back boat will plane but does not want to its like im pulling a school buss. no rpms. any help? i think dealer put wrong prop on small motor for big boat
Remove the plugs in the prop. This will let exhaust escape trough these holes allowing the prop to turn more RPMs and increase the HP at takeoff. If it effects the takeoff in a negative way put the plugs back in.
What type of Mecury motor? Pro XS
Installing a Jack Plate should help slightly in talking off and upper end performance.
What RPM does it turn at max performance running down the lake? If your RPMs are around 5100 or less then a 23 pitch prop will help.

Remove the plugs in the prop. This will let exhaust escape trough these holes allowing the prop to turn more RPMs and increase the HP at takeoff. If it effects the takeoff in a negative way put the plugs back in.
What type of Mecury motor? Pro XS
Installing a Jack Plate should help slightly in talking off and upper end performance.
What RPM does it turn at max performance running down the lake? If your RPMs are around 5100 or less then a 23 pitch prop will help.

I pulled the plugs out of my 150 4S with 23P Tempest yesterday. Prop blows out at 4000 RPM and cavitates. Gotta go find new plugs now...

Latest posts

Back