Z6 steering

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Stiles

Reaction score
I am new to the website and have seen some post on the steering of the nitro z 6 boats. I just bought one bought one 3 weeks ago and I am apprently having the same hard death right turn that some are plagued with. My question is this. Who has had the same problem and how have they had it fixed? I've seen the post about the no feedback steering and checked into the websites. I don't want to pay for this if I don't have to being it's a actual problem and should be covered under warranty and they should have a recall on it. Has anyone had any luck getting this fixed as a warranty issue. Bass pro wants $50 just to look at it. Then make a determination. I have adjusted the trim tab to the left and she still goes the right. You have to have a death grip on the wheel or your going for a wild ride to the left. Help!!! Please!!! Specs: 2011 nitro z6. Mercury 115

That sounds opposite to the other posts. The Z6 complaints have been that they pull hard right, not left. I will be picking up a new Z6 in a couple of weeks and hope not to have the proble, but I anticipated that I would. I spoke to the Telefex rep who told me if it has a Teleflex steering cable, you only need a no feedback 4.2 helm , relatively cheap and easy to install without any mods or drilling etc.

If you use the search function above and tyoe in "Z6" or "Z-6" you will find all of the previous posts.

I'll be looking out for the responses and rectification.

I have an older Z6 (2008). People back then also had simular problems. I also had problems. These are small boats and hard to balance. Balance your load. I think the biggest thing is seat time in learning to drive the boat. I now can drive without an issue. Go on other bass boat sites and look up other small brands and they all seem to have the same problem.

Thommo59. Mine is pulling to the right. I just said I put the trim tab to the left to counter act the right turn but still no luck. And www.thebaitbar.com I have tried putting almost everything to the left to help out. But nothing worked. I do appreciate the help though. I guess if bass pro/ nitro tracker boat don't fix it then I'll pony up for the telefex system. It wears you out having a death grip on the wheel going from one side of the lake to the other.

My 185 digs to the right until I get it trimmed up and on plane then, it's easy creazy.

http://www.thebaitbar.com/ it's happening at all speeds. But when you get past bout a quarter that's when it really start snapping to the right if you lose your grip.

You are turning the trim tab the wrong way....."if it pulls to the right, turn the trailing edge to the right".

Bob I just realized it by the way you said it. See if I got it in theory. I turn the trailing edge to the right making the motors front want to turn right making the boat hinge and turn left there by reducing the pressure felt by the driver. Right? Before I was thinking by trimming the tabs trailing edge to left would make the boat go left. Ah but only if the motor and boat were one non moveable piece. Let me know if I am right Bob. Thank you all for who posted

Latest posts

Back