Z6 Hole Shot RPM's

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Windham

Reaction score
I have an 08' 115 Optimax. My hole shot RPM's are about 2500 on initial WOT. My hole shot is ok.I'm thinking some of you are getting better holeshots than me.was wondering if mine are too low. I have a powerTech prop with 3-3/8" holes drilled in it

I have a 2011 Z6 with a 22p Laser 2, 1 plug removed, 2 large plugs in and it jumps out pretty well. I never look at the tach when I hit the throttle but I'm pretty sure it's a bit more like 3,300 to 3,500. I'll have a look on the weekend when I out and let you know.

I had the same boat and tried several different props and the 22P Lazer II was the best fit for my boat.

Ok, correction. Mine jumps up to 3000 rpm's. I suppose thats good enough. I'd have to drill out my prop holes. Not sure if I want to risk screwing it up

I also have a 2011 Z6. Once the prop plugs were correct, it powers up at 3200 rpm. I read somewhere during my research that the high speed jets kick in at 3200 rpm. Comes up on plane good if I fast idle a short distance and power up to 3200 rpm.

Latest posts

Back