Z19 sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey Cummins

Reaction score
I,m in the market to buy a new Z19sport. I,m selling my Champion BB. in favor of this more family friendly. Ny thoughts pro or con of worthiness of a new one or should have assessories

I saw one at Bass Pro in Rocklin, CA yesterday. Looked nice. I will say it is a BIG boat with a lot of freeboard. It actually had 3 steps on the trailer front boarding ladder instead of 2 like a bass boat. You will want an Ulterra type trolling motor with a long shaft.

I bought a new one last year. Absolutely love the boat I changed the console fish finder to a Lowrance elite 7ti2 with the 3n1 and then added the same one to the bow. I left the original trolling motor and bought the auto pilot for it so I can control it from anywhere in the boat. The boat rides so much smoother than the 06 stratus 486sf we had. We chose this boat like you for the family friendly of it.

I also bought a new Z19 Sport last year. Fish and Ski boats, by nature, are a compromise. They arent the best to fish from, and they arent the best for family activities. Having said that, most folks dont have the resources or desire to have one boat for each application. In the end, the Z19 Sport is a decent compromise. I must say that some of the QC done at Nitro is less-than-stellar. I found some overspray near the windshield, and learned that the hull isnt 100% symmetrical. I found the symmetry issue when I was installing the bimini top. It's minor - but still there.

The rod locker wont accommodate any rods longer than 6', so I have to keep mine in the ski storage area. The live well is okay, but requires a plug, rather than relying on a valve. Storage is okay, but not anything to brag about. The under-seat cooler is nice, and the ski pylon is beefy as hell.

When compared to the price of the competition, many of these shortcomings are easily overlooked. I know they were for me, anyway.

Ordered one a month ago. Having my Garmin Echomap 9 installed at local dealership. If you get it from Tracker are stuck with Lowrance Reveal 5 no GPS in the dash. Or upgrade at the retail priced units plus $$$ installation fees on top. I'm having it kept in the box so I can resell it as new. I thought the rod locker would hold 7' rods. Have to check on that.

I also bought a new Z19 Sport last year. Fish and Ski boats, by nature, are a compromise. They arent the best to fish from, and they arent the best for family activities. Having said that, most folks dont have the resources or desire to have one boat for each application. In the end, the Z19 Sport is a decent compromise. I must say that some of the QC done at Nitro is less-than-stellar. I found some overspray near the windshield, and learned that the hull isnt 100% symmetrical. I found the symmetry issue when I was installing the bimini top. It's minor - but still there.

The rod locker wont accommodate any rods longer than 6', so I have to keep mine in the ski storage area. The live well is okay, but requires a plug, rather than relying on a valve. Storage is okay, but not anything to brag about. The under-seat cooler is nice, and the ski pylon is beefy as hell.

When compared to the price of the competition, many of these shortcomings are easily overlooked. I know they were for me, anyway.
Hey how do you like the way the boat rides and handles?

The boat rides/handles pretty good. I get a little porpoising between ~25-35mph when it's just me, so I have to keep it trimmed down more than I'd like at those speeds. Aside from that, it's good. At top speed (50-55mph with a 150) it can feel a little "light" - almost like it wants to start chine walking - but not quite. It's never made me nervous; just something I noticed.

I went from an18' 1991 Ebbtide F&S to the new Z19S, so it was quite an improvement. I can say that the hull is definitely more efficient than my old boat. Both boats had 150's on them and the Nitro is 10mph faster . . . and it's about 300 lbs heavier.

Like you, I had some upgrades done at the dealer (2 HELIX units installed, iPilot in the trolling motor, keel guard) - all of which were money well spent.

The Z19 Sport handles the waves well and works great for pulling the kids around on a tube or skis.

And I absolutely love the Mercury FI 4-stroke. I can't believe how fuel efficient it is. I thought my 1994 Mariner Mag III was good on gas until I got this thing. It's literally 2-3 times better than the Mariner.

The boat rides/handles pretty good. I get a little porpoising between ~25-35mph when it's just me, so I have to keep it trimmed down more than I'd like at those speeds. Aside from that, it's good. At top speed (50-55mph with a 150) it can feel a little "light" - almost like it wants to start chine walking - but not quite. It's never made me nervous; just something I noticed.

I went from an18' 1991 Ebbtide F&S to the new Z19S, so it was quite an improvement. I can say that the hull is definitely more efficient than my old boat. Both boats had 150's on them and the Nitro is 10mph faster . . . and it's about 300 lbs heavier.

Like you, I had some upgrades done at the dealer (2 HELIX units installed, iPilot in the trolling motor, keel guard) - all of which were money well spent.

The Z19 Sport handles the waves well and works great for pulling the kids around on a tube or skis.

And I absolutely love the Mercury FI 4-stroke. I can't believe how fuel efficient it is. I thought my 1994 Mariner Mag III was good on gas until I got this thing. It's literally 2-3 times better than the Mariner.

Thanks for the information. Kind of figured it was bow lite. With both batteries and the gas tank set way back that mite happen. Big change for me. Going from Crestliner 16 1/2 Sport Angler, half the weight and 3 ft shorter. Great little boat for two people fishing.

I,m in the market to buy a new Z19sport. I,m selling my Champion BB. in favor of this more family friendly. Ny thoughts pro or con of worthiness of a new one or should have assessories

Just a heads up the wait time for this boat is at least a month and a half. I ordered mine the last week of Feb. and mite get it by mid April.

Just a heads up the wait time for this boat is at least a month and a half. I ordered mine the last week of Feb. and mite get it by mid April.
UPDATE ON BOAT DELIVERY TIMES: 9 weeks out no boat yet.

Looking for a good fitting 2nd mooring cover. Did you happen to get one that fits well?

My boat came with a factory cover. I have never used it since my boat stay in my garage and it’s warm enough here in TN that I fish year round.

Probably not. I’ll just hang on to it for when I sell the boat. Besides, the second I get rid of it, I’ll need it for some reason.

UPDATE ON BOAT DELIVERY TIMES: 9 weeks out no boat yet.
Ordered mine January 19th delivered March 26th. Dealer said that delivery times are dependent on what model is on the line and any given time?
A2402A79-87AF-413C-B37F-147CDD266E20.jpeg

Their are two at Bass Pro, Auburn, NY, a red and a blue one as of last week.
I added the carpet to the floor. onboard charger, bimini top, spare tire. Having a better fish finder put in dash. The one force on you is very cheap for this type of boat.

Your very lucky. To get the extras I wanted it would have cost me $400 to $500 of dollars more for installation fees at the local bass pro.

Latest posts

Back