Z19 Sport - Rod Locker for 7ft pole

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2016 Z18 it is the best rod locker i have ever had. First time i have had a boat that i could put rods in and get them in and out. Most of them that i have had takes you more time poking in and out to find a place it would go. But on my Nitro I don't have that problem I have 6 or 8 rods in it most of the time spinning and bait caster. Most of my rods are 7' Cub48

I have the predecessor to your boat, a 2016 Z7 Sport. I don't have any 7 foot rods but I make sure I have sleeves on all the rods in my locker. It saves a lot of snags. I also store some rods in the locker that runs full beam behind the rear seats.

I have a 2019 Z19 sport and I have 2 7ft rods in my rod locker. No problem

Really? I have a 2019 Z19 Sport and I'll be damn if I can put anything but a 6' rod in my rod locker. I'll have to try that again . . .

Hello - I was curious if anyone with a Z19 sport (2020) has any luck getting a 7ft pole in the rod locker. Thanks in advance!
I also have the 2020 Z19sport and can not fit my 7ft rods in the rod locker I have to put them in the center storage in the floor

I have a 2018 Z18 (not Sport). 7'+ rods will go into my locker without problems. I use protective sleeves which makes for smooth removals and insertions.
Vic

Really? I have a 2019 Z19 Sport and I'll be damn if I can put anything but a 6' rod in my rod locker. I'll have to try that again . . .
John,
The Sport model may have a closed front on the rod box.

It certainly seems like SOMETHING is up there. a 6' rod is all I can get in there. I typically use the sleeves and lay the rods in the ski locker. it's not ideal, but it works.

Depending on what's in front of the box- Maybe you could drill or knock out the panel that blocks the forward space, expecially if it is just open to the bow under the deck. Cheap rod socks can protects the tips, if you are not using those, it's one of those items that once you start using you think wwhy did I ever NOT have these.. If you are like most you probably don't own may rods that are as short as 6'..

Hello - I was curious if anyone with a Z19 sport (2020) has any luck getting a 7ft pole in the rod locker. Thanks in advance!
I have a Z19 Sport (2020) also. The rod locker tubes are capped off up by the bow. You can get to it by taking off the cover where the trolling motor plugs into. You know... where you can mount a flush graph. I took the cap off of one and had no problem with my 7' pole catching. If it ends up catching just use a sleeve.

Just came from Bass Pro Shop trying to fit a 7' one piece rod into the rod locker. It did not fit going in straight. Came up about 2" short. May go in at a angle you will have to bend rod. Didn't want to take the chance on breaking the tip. No reel on rod. It hits the bow area just before. I have Z19 sport on order.
I have a Z19 Sport (2020) also. The rod locker tubes are capped off up by the bow. You can get to it by taking off the cover where the trolling motor plugs into. You know... where you can mount a flush graph. I took the cap off of one and had no problem with my 7' pole catching. If it ends up catching just use a sleeve.
Hey Thanks for the tip. Most of my rods are 7 footers.

Just came from Bass Pro Shop trying to fit a 7' one piece rod into the rod locker. It did not fit going in straight. Came up about 2" short. May go in at a angle you will have to bend rod. Didn't want to take the chance on breaking the tip. No reel on rod. It hits the bow area just before. I have Z19 sport on order.

Hey Thanks for the tip. Most of my rods are 7 footers.
Also noticed the floor storage locker goes all the way to the bow. Do you guys have any problems with equipment sliding forward?
How do you feel this boat rides?

I have a 2020 sport I just bought Saturday. I wasn’t able to get the 7’ rods in either. I removed the caps at the end of the tubes under the front cover and they fit now. Only worry is if they get tangled in wires up there. Probably not an issue if you use a sleeve. I should have snapped a few pictures.

That’s great! I’m going to look into this today. Thanks!

I removed all 3 of the caps on my tubes and I can fit 7' rods in all 3. Would be smoother if a person used sleeves though.

Latest posts

Back