Z19 Sport - Rod Locker for 7ft pole

Nitro & Tracker Owners

Help Support Nitro & Tracker Owners:

USAFA93

Reaction score
I just got a '21 Z19 Sport and was struggling with the same thing! I've also thought about buying some larger PVC tubes and putting the longer rods in socks and in the ski locker. Trying to protect the rods from everything else that goes in that locker... I'll have to try taking the caps off at the bow. Thanks for the great idea!

Mjbock

Reaction score
If it's a plastic rod tube why would you need sleeves?
The rod sleeves will prevent the end of the rods from catching on the end of the tubes. When you remove the caps to get the 7' rods in the tubes, the end of the rods go in beyond the end of the tubes in the boat. When I have to open the front cap again I will get a picture of what I am talking about. Hope this helps.

DONAOL

Reaction score
Really? I have a 2019 Z19 Sport and I'll be damn if I can put anything but a 6' rod in my rod locker. I'll have to try that again . . .
I took the plastic cover off the bow. Took all three caps off like another guy explained. Then add PVC tubing to extend rod tubes. No problems with wiring getting hooked on. Tapered inside PVC tubing with dremel tool.

Latest posts