Z18 Threaded Pedestals Unscrew

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerz

Reaction score
2018 Z18 with threaded pedestals.
My boat came with the threaded pedestals. These work great in minimizing wobble as long as they stay tight. Here is the problem. After an hour or so they eventually begin to loosen and will become completely backed-out. So far I've tried:
  • Adding thrust roller bearings between shaft and seat.
  • Using a strap wrench to tighten the shaft
  • Applied blue Loctite to the threads
These attempts, individually or in combination, have not been successful.
Just recently applied red Loctite to the threads. Haven't been out yet to see how this will work.
Any ideas?
Vic

2018 Z18 with threaded pedestals.
My boat came with the threaded pedestals. These work great in minimizing wobble as long as they stay tight. Here is the problem. After an hour or so they eventually begin to loosen and will become completely backed-out. So far I've tried:
  • Adding thrust roller bearings between shaft and seat.
  • Using a strap wrench to tighten the shaft
  • Applied blue Loctite to the threads
These attempts, individually or in combination, have not been successful.
Just recently applied red Loctite to the threads. Haven't been out yet to see how this will work.
Any ideas?
Vic
Just lay out you peds in the weather and let threads rust up a little. problem you will run into is getting them out. Don't use loctite! unless you want them there forever. I put anti seize on mine so they wont stick. Is your seat screw lose if its tightened down it will want to loosen or tighten shaft. Keep mine loose while fishing so seat will move and not the shaft

Latest posts

Back