Z18 Rod Straps

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew mallahan

Reaction score
I have a 2019 z-18 I want to put the rod straps in that came with it. The front deck has the Anti-fatigue mat. Is there anything I need to do to drill into it

I didn't get an anti-fatigue mat but-
One piece of advice Matthew, be sure that you know exactly where you want them underfoot before you make the screw attachement. You might want to fish some and focus on exactly where you want them to be relative to your standing on the front. I say this because the dealer installed mind and I had to move them- they were just too much under foot. I actually changed mine to a flat fabric seatbelt strap material with a flat buckle moving the location back further to keep them from being where I would step a lot. I think you can be glad that the dealer didn't install those already.

I didn't get an anti-fatigue mat but-
One piece of advice Matthew, be sure that you know exactly where you want them underfoot before you make the screw attachement. You might want to fish some and focus on exactly where you want them to be relative to your standing on the front. I say this because the dealer installed mind and I had to move them- they were just too much under foot. I actually changed mine to a flat fabric seatbelt strap material with a flat buckle moving the location back further to keep them from being where I would step a lot. I think you can be glad that the dealer didn't install those already.
This is a well thought out idea from m another ‘ole timer’ and I agree wholeheartedly and with all the rods we THINK we have to have available, well, you know the rest!

Anyone out there have info to share on a Nitro 2016 Mercury 115 that would help a new buyer of a used boat??

Latest posts

Back