Z18 Heading Sensor Location

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Brink

Reaction score
Hi,

I figured I'd ask before I test...

What are good locations for Minn-Kota heading sensor in Z18 or similar? MK directions say keep it level. I am concerned the electronics "dash" on the bow is too sloped. -I've thought about trying to find/make a plastic shim.

There is a flat ledge under the console, above the foot skid pads. I am sure it's there to add rigidity, anyone try putting one there, or on a shelf added to that surface?

Bob

Hi,

I figured I'd ask before I test...

What are good locations for Minn-Kota heading sensor in Z18 or similar? MK directions say keep it level. I am concerned the electronics "dash" on the bow is too sloped. -I've thought about trying to find/make a plastic shim.

There is a flat ledge under the console, above the foot skid pads. I am sure it's there to add rigidity, anyone try putting one there, or on a shelf added to that surface?

Bob

It can be anywhere on the boat as long as it does not get magnetic interference or is blocked from "talking" to the iPilot via Bluetooth. You test for the best location BEFORE you attach it to the hull permanently.
It is a compass, treat it that way.

Latest posts

Back