Z 7 - where to mount transducer & SS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Dumser

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm upgrading the electronics on the 2011 Z 7 I got in October. I've got 2 HDS 5 Gen 2 units and one of them came with structure scan. I'm putting 1 in the dash and 1 on the bow.

I'm having the local shop install everything, but I'd appreciate any feedback, suggestions, or lessons learned from you.

I do have a 6 inch jack plate too.

1. Where is the best place to install the structure scan?

2. Where is the best place to put the transducers?

3. Do I need to buy anything else like the Networking kit from Lowrance to get all of this setup?

Thanks!

Kevin

Check out transducer shield and saver. They make brackets that you can use to mount it to the jack plate as well as trolling motor. I have one of these for my humminbird that bolted directly to the e-ladder holes on my R&R Slidemaster jackplate
http://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/home/

I had a custom Aluminum bracket made. Works perfect no issues.

photoifb.jpg

I can't load pictures for some reason. I need to find out whom to ask to correct this.

I have the Transducer Saver Shield on my LSS 2 on my jack plate and another for my LDI on my trolling motor, I

Doug,

Don't mean to get off topic, but what size jack plate is that and where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

Jason

Latest posts

Back