Z-7 Boat Cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff B2

Reaction score
Looking for a cover for my 2011 Z-7 DC. Is the Nitro cover any good? I've seen the DOWCO covers mentioned here, better value?

The Nitro cover and Dowco are one in the same.

I had one of the Dowco made nitro covers for my 882(paid a pretty penny for it too) and i was not one bit impressed with its quality.

If you want a really good cover have Aurora canvas make you one. It will cost you more htne the factory one but it will be well worth it 3-5 yeard form now when the aurora is still working like new(the factory one would be all done by then)

The cover I have is a Tumacs Custom Cover. The quality seams good. It came with the boat so I don't know how old it is but it's in great shape. Reinforced in all the right places for my 882.
http://www.tumacscovers.net/

Ive got the nitro/dowco cover its awesome Ive trailored it on some 600 mile trips no problem.

Aurora is probably the best there is....but is will cost you. I don't use a cover hardly at all so I could not justify that much for a cover. I went with a cover made by shoremaster that is a custom cover for the Z7 from Iboats.com. I don't even think it is on their site, I had to call them. It cost me about 300 or so and it works great. Holler if you want more info

I had one of the Nitro covers for my 882 and I didn't care for it either. Sure you could truck down the road with it no problem, but it didn't keep the rain out like I thought it should for $300

I had the same problem with mine Jdfish, it was like a screen and it didnt keep any water out of the boat after about two seasons of use. The coating on the fabric was completly gone, th ecover also was not well re-enforced at all. Mine cost 500 new and when i asked about warranty from dowco they told me the prorated price after two years was $550 to replace it. No thanks..... I eneded up paying ~100 more for an Aurora cover that was made of much better materials and built a world better, the quality difference was notable at a casual glance between the two. That cover never leaked a drop of water in the time i had it on my 882. It was well worth it since i store outside.

I had one of cabelas best on my old nx750 300.00 after three years it was still good,had to apply watwe proofing after about two years,boat stayed outside all the time,cover was still good when i sold my 750,Iliked the cover enough to buy the same one for my new Z7,if you order the cabelas best get the size for the 19 ft boat or it will be too small.

PS,if you can get a custom made cover made from a material called sunbrella its supposed to be really good,but pricey

Latest posts

Back