Z-6 vs. NX 750 DC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom sacchetti

Reaction score
ello,

I am about to purchase a used 2008 Nitro. I am looking at two different 2008 models. One is the NX 750 DC the other is the Z-6.

Can someone point me in the right direction to explain the differences between these two boats? If somoeone knows the difference, I would appreciate your knowledge as well.

I just purchased a 2008 Z6 With a 115. I don't know anything about the NX 750 DC. I do have a couple questions about the Z6.

1. Did it have the TM batteries up front under the butt seat? Mine does, I've never seen that

Hey jw i dont know but i bet someone wanted to shift more weight upfront probably to help the hole shot. Tom i have a 2000 nx 750. The boat itself is probably different.

The Z6 does have the batteries up front. I have an '08 Z6 good boat I think has nicer features the the 750.

The 08 Z6 is the same hull as the 06,07 482. My 07 482 is rated for 150 hp ,check to see what the z6 is rated for. I think the nx750 is only rated for 135 hp. The z6 has a recess for the trolling motor pedal, better trim / seats ,modular "floating " console ,slightly more rear storage ,slightly larger livewell ,cooler and trash bin . The TM batteries are under the front seat which probably gave more room for rear storage . Overall the z6/482 hull does not like " barely planing speeds ". I run mine approx . 2/3rds throttle to wide open and when coming off plane it tends to pull a little more than other boats when it sits down. It doesn't bother me , but if this is your first glass hull it might be a hand full. It does handle rougher water good for a 18 footer . If the nx750 has the same hp I would choose it over the z6 , I am certain it would be easier to handle and the few extras on the z6 would be less important than boat control. I hope this wasn't overkill.

Latest posts

Back