Z-6 or Pro Team 175 TXW

• Thread starter Stuart Schwartz
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I currently have a 1995 Nitro 170. I am considering a new Tracker 175 TXW or a Nitro Z-6.

My 1995 is a narrow boat compared to the newer generation boats. Even the 175TXW is wider then my boat & storage is much nicer on any newer boat.

Just not sure if I would like the ride of an aluminum boat. But I do like the idea of a lighter boat to tow & the ease of caring for the aluminum boat.

I am not looking to go 55 or 60mph in a bass boat. My current Nitro is only about 34mph boat now. So either the 175TXW with the 60hp or the Z-6 with the 115hp works for me.

Has anyone fished the Pro Team 175v TXW & a glass boat?

What is your opinion?

Think I would hate the aluminum boat?

I have fished Aluminium for the past 10 years and prior to that, Fibreglass. I have just sold my Tinnie and ordered a new Z6. As I get older, comfort becomes more important and maintenance to me isn't much different since the boat will live indoors. I also fish where I don't hit bottom or have to beach the boat so no scratches under the hull.

I think your going to get many different opinions but for me, Z6.

I owned PT175 for five years and just traded in on 2011 Z6 three months ago. Must say that the 175 with Merc 60 four stroke ran so smooth and quiet, also the ride was actually smoother than the Z6. I am happy with the new fiberglass boat,especially its more stable in the water and the wind doesn't blow it around like the lighter 175. But the PT175 is a great outfit.

Latest posts

Back