z 21 2016 top speed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAINE

Reaction score
i have a 2016 z21 mercury 225 top speed 48 mph
half tank 2 guys any thoughts thanks Blaine

I don’t know much about the nitros but that seems really slow. My javelin 366 fs which was a 17’ glass bass boat ran 40 with a 90ho evinrude. Current boat is a v175 pro guide with 115 mercury and that will run 42-43 with me 280 lbs my buddy 200 lbs and full tank.
Are you trimming up once you get on plane? What’s your rpm’s at wot?

My 2021 Z19 Sport will do 50 mph. Half a tank of gas and lots of gear. Mercury 150.

Some questions:
Is the mph GPS reading?
How Many Motor rpms while running that speed?
Does it have a 10" Jack plate (I believe it's standard a Z21)?
What Prop and size?
How high is your roster tail when running at that speed?
How many inches it the motor height?

i have a 2016 z21 mercury 225 top speed 48 mph
half tank 2 guys any thoughts thanks Blaine
That boat with a 21 inch pitch prop should be going at least 60 mph according to the Mercury prop selector on their website. As pointed out, when asking for answers please include some details, for all we know you have your props switched from your Minnkota TM to your outboard.

I don’t know much about the nitros but that seems really slow. My javelin 366 fs which was a 17’ glass bass boat ran 40 with a 90ho evinrude. Current boat is a v175 pro guide with 115 mercury and that will run 42-43 with me 280 lbs my buddy 200 lbs and full tank.
Are you trimming up once you get on plane? What’s your rpm’s at wot?
yes trimming up thanks

My 2004 929 with 225 Merc , two large guys and half tank at full trim will get mid 60's.

I am new in this forum. I have some questions about this forum. These questions are shown below:):):

Wiring diagram for 1997 Nitro Savage 884

If anyone has information about my question. Please give me answer below. I am very confused about thiso_Oo_O.
Start a new thread and post your question there. The only people who will see your question are those that read this particular thread.

Any time you have speed questions you should include motor & prop information, RPMs, load, pad to prop height. That boat should be running at least low 60s!

I am new in this forum. I have some questions about this forum. These questions are shown below:):):

Wiring diagram for 1997 Nitro Savage 884

If anyone has information about my question. Please give me answer below. I am very confused about thiso_Oo_O.
Hope this can help, there is a PDF version also.... The PDF version is free and print which pages you want.

publications.brunswick.com

Service Manual - Above 135 hp (non-Verado)

Mercury Marine Parts Accessories and Manuals
publications.brunswick.com

Latest posts

Back