Z-18 Storage Console Between Seats???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Walker

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

Have any of the Z-18 owners out there added a console/glove box to their boats on the step up between the seats? If so where did you find it?

Thank you

Chris

I was thinking of having one custom built- I haven't seen anything for it. THis is kind of a wasted space being only a cover for the fuel tank connections and guage. I would be interested to know if there is a commercial proiduct for that.

That step up/down from the area of the aft of the boat to the center section by the two arm rests, happens to be very treacherous. There is about a 6” x 10” area to put your foot on OR you can step right in the middle of a seat. Over time the seat upholstery will wear out prematurely or you will bust your ass from trying to hit the small (6” x10”) area I described prior. I can’t be the only one that is trying to overcome DA engineering designs?

Larry, if you are going to design something, what are your design thoughts?
The area I am talking about is the three seats separated by two steps/armrests?!??

I took the center seat out of the boat as soon as I got it home new and stored it away. I have just the carpeted lid in place so there is plenty of step space. I don't want to make the step much taller than it is already so Im thinking of just a shallow box on top of the lid maybe? There are a few inches of space above the fuel tank and lines where I'm thinking a shallow tray could be fitted for use for stuff like glasses and some other personal items. I'm thinking i could extend upward over the cover or replace the cover higher up maybe 5-6 inches. I have the passanger console unit on my boat so the glove box there provides pretty good storage space too. During the summer months I like to remove the passsanger console to get the extra space open. When I'm by myself the open seat space is better for easy access to a few rods there. I drilled out 4 more rod butt holes in the upper foot plate on the passenger side that line up with the open space in the top of the seat. Makes a really secure place to put rods when your alone.

I have a 2008 898. I took the measurements and asked Deans cover to make me a center box. This would the same center box that BassCat has. Once delivered I will post back as to how it fits.

I made mine out of Starr Board it's a marine lumber. The first one was the step to the front deck it worked out real good so i made a console between the seats. Here are some pic's.
IMG_20190603_154153.jpg
IMG_20190603_154223.jpg
IMG_20190603_154608.jpg
IMG_20190603_154735.jpg

I have a custom built aluminum heavy gauge storage box that I pulled out of my 2016 Z18 that fits perfectly between the seats. I totaled that boat due to major hull damage. The lid is the factory original lid that fir over the fuel hose access hole. I’m asking 200 for it. It is waterproof design.
22A79CD9-D088-42AA-B959-78BB4ECC8956.jpeg
94C55C10-BE7B-41A4-8BA7-6246A718ED4E.jpeg

I had one added to my new 2021 build at the recommendation of the salesman. It's a nice place to put stuff (wallet, keys, sunglasses, flashlight, headlamp, etc.) but I don't think it is worth the $475 price tag.

Check out Grind5 fishing on Facebook. He makes a nice box for the center but they’re pricey.

Back