Yum Crawbug

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
Just had to let everyone know.. These baits are sick... I rigged a Crawbug up with a 1/8 bullet sinker ( not pegged ), 3/0 Mustad Ultra Point Big Mouth Tube Bait hook and 10 lb Big Game. Tooling around in the backyard, and through it in a few beds, the bass DESTROY it, they dont even hesitate to nail it. Pretty cool bait, I am gonna try them out this weekend on Lake George and Salt Springs Run. Let you know how they work off my pond...have a great weekend..

I think Glup is similiar. Not sure. I have a reservation to try and catch the only bass in Iowa this april I'll try em both.

fatrap

I use the EVERY tournament. They produce. The Madman brand are great too.

You guys got me pumped to give those craws another try. I bought some and threw them a couple of times without sucess. When I'm thinking craws I usually grab a worm type craw like a Gene Larew or Gambler Guido Bug.

Harpo

I have never realy fished them.. But when I saw these Yum Bugs on the shelf at Walmart, I had to pick up a couple bags. They look so life-like. I think the key is to fish them for bedding bass. Don't know how well they would work just fishing them like a tube or worm. But for beds they seem to realy agrivate the bass into striking real hard. I caught 2 more tonight using the Yum Bug. I even a couple times did not even setup, just wanted to see the bass pick it up and swim off with it.