You think THIS looks like a UPS truck?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I can't get over CJL saying the Jeep Commander looks like a UPS truck. What do you think?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Toxic, can you not see the pics? Not sure how to post pics on here anymore. But you of all people on here, I expected to like the Jeep.

Nope, for some reason I can't get'em to load...:angry: I have always been a fan of the Wrangler style. Not a vehicle made that can be modded in soooooo many ways. Heck, you can build one from scratch with the right catalog. Mine's been a gem. 237k and still going strong.

TOXIC

I thinks there's still probs with uploads according to Rich, it's kickin his a$$:wacko:

Can anyone see them? I posted a link from another site that hosts pictures.

I know what the problem is now on the top photos. You aren't members of that site and I have a cookie on my computer so I see them, you don't. However, I don't get why you can't see the photo by clicking on the link I posted. I made it public so you shouldn't have to be a member of that site to see it.

Oh well, I was just trying to show you a Commander that didn't look like a UPS truck.

I was able to use the link, had x's on first post. A bit of an upgrade from Big Brown. Might need active x on the PC to see it?

The link works. No to UPS look a like, but that rack on top has to go.

Looks like it should have one of those wicker baskets mounted on top for safari hunting.;)

Well, the rack carries my spare boat tire on long trips (can't mount in trailer because it would be too wide for the garage), the spare Jeep tire because it is bigger than what fits underneath, my kakays, my bikes and extra luggage when needed. It actually is quite handy.

This vehicle has been my project for the last 6 months. I bought it VERY cheap. I had the one small issue fixed and I am slowly modifying it to be a real JEEP.

That is one smokin UPS truck!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I actually almost bought one. Went with the Ram instead. Love the Jeeps though.

All the best,

Glenn

My latest addition was a 2.25 Rocky Road lift with hydroshocks, Nitto Grappler tires and Eagle Alloy wheels. Now I think it looks like a Jeep. I've also added the Yakima roof rack, tow hooks, skid plates, and alittle bit of chrome here and there. But my favorite addition is my pink "Life is Good" sticker with a flower on it. Makes it a girls Jeep!

Chrome on a Jeep :( Just kidding, it looks great.:)

I'm lucky if the parts that go on mine even get a coat of paint. It's tore down to the frame (again):wacko:. I have a new frame,transmission, transfer case and wide track axles on the way to put under it this winter.

Steve
4631.gif

Hmmmm, I just don't know. With that rack on the top it reminds me of a ten year old Landcruiser and if it were brown it could be a UPS truck?:blink: I'm sorry Teri, it's just that all SUV's look like that to me now and that's why I bought a truck. I had a Jeep for a long time.

4ncle Billy

Uncle Bill, saying it looks like an Old Landcruiser makes me want to kiss your head! That's just the look I like. I am not a truck-kinda-gal. I like them but don't really want one. I would love to have a new 4-door Jeep Rubicon but the tow capacity is only 3500 and I do alot of trips to Indy with the boat so I just feel better with at least 5000. I also like the luxory I have with the Commander. All leather for dog hair, heated seat, navigation....It's a comfy SUV yet I can go muddin'. :D

All kiddin' aside Teri...I do like them.

There's a girl here at work that has one that has an all green package with 6 big lights on top...looks cool.:cool:

Lights are in the future. I can mount them on the roof rack easily but I like them more in the front by the grill. I am looking for a grill guard but they don't make very many for the Commander that aren't junk. Most mount where the tow hooks do but you can't use the guard as a tow point. Makes no sense for off roading. I need one that is strong enough to be a tow point. Several companies are saying they are in the works but not yet.

Oops, Hope I didn't offend the Jeep Commander owners, but I own one and mine is the dark khaki/ grey looking one, and it reminds me of a UPS truck, sorry.

But here's the thing, I like mine, I realized it when I went to trade it in for the Mustang or Charger. I told them to kiss my A$$ in the trade in value and kept it as a third vehicle. I got mine for $10k off sticker becuase it the hail damage of less then $500, I could just imagine if I paid sticker!!!!!!!!.

Anyways, I like mine, it's a great family car / truck and safe IMHO, I was hit form behind on RT 77 in Charlotte by a van and the Jeep had hardly no damge and the van was messed up bad, I was impressed with the toughness of it, I also get 20.5 MPG average in Charlotte and my wife will be going back in the workforce soon and the Ram 2500 HEMI has only a handful of payments.

PLUS !!!!!!!!!

When they stop making them (which I think is really soon) they may become more valuable, kinda like a 3000GT, which people buy at a premium now.

So, your black one is sweet, I like the mods on it. Have you checked out the forum on them Teri??

CJL

OH BTW - I can't load pictures to show ya'll (yous guys for yankees) pictures of my new Mustang / House or What used to be lake Wylie.

How do I load pictures??

I aint mad at you! I've had several people tell me my Commander is ugly and several people tell me they love it. I have always been a fan of the boxy suv look but it's not for everyone. I think Jeep made a mistake running it up against the Grand Cherokee because you are just pooling people from the same market. They didn't do much to establish the Commander as being different. I've had this longer than anything I've had lately so I must like it. :D

By the way, I am a member of the Jeep Commander forum and have gotten alot of ideas and a few parts from there.

Sweet - Good luck with yours, like I said I'm keeping mine for now as well. I like the 20.5 mpg avg but still desire the HEMI. Also wish I had the sky lights in it, does yours have the windshield noise on the highyway?

Latest posts

Back