You Gotta Tell Us About This Stuff Mac!!

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC [URL]http://performancediecast
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a RANGER!!!!...LOL....I get yelled at for blowin' my Ranger horn around here!!!

Pretty cool aye??!!!

Yeah, but it is probably the only Ranger (other than the Ford kind) that I would buy!

Wickedly Awesome Mac!

How much you gettin' from GM for the tow vehicle inclusion!!!!

Nice.

Just think. Mentioned in the same space as Dale Earnhardt, Gordon, Stewart, etc.

Tex

And here I thought it was the Ken and Barbie goes fishing toy! LOL

Wolf

That's awesome!! Ok, blonde moment coming up how do you get the drawing on that little car & boat?

Cass

Cass,..it's all done through the magic of computers...I provided them with tons of art,..they use what's called a "template" of a Ranger and a Chevy Silverado or Suburban in their Adobe Illustrator software pkg....they (Action) designs the truck and boat using my art,.....they send jpegs of each to me for final approval and/or changes,..they make revisions if req'd and then I give the final approval. From there, it's all done through a pad printing process, where each color is called a "stamp" and the total costs are determined by the number of "stamps" it takes to complete the job per boat,..and per truck........simple jobs(minimal colors) are obviousley less expensive per unit,...complex jobs can get very expensive!! I knew these were coming months ago...just wasn't at liberty to show anybody. The process for doing a full size boat is less complicated. The artwork is printed onto 4' wide sheets of a thicker vinyl material called a "wrap" and they're applied to the boats hull during the final stages of assembly...usually just before the rub rail and final trim are installed. Sometimes the rubrails are covered by the wrap...othertimes they're installed over the wrap....just depends on what the final design reqmnt's are. It takes 2 guys at the plant about 8 hours to wrap one boat.....the same 2 guys do all the wraps and they're very good at it. Each section of vinyl overlaps the other piece by 1/8" or so and upon close inspection, you can see the seams...but step back 3 feet and they disappear...very cool looking!! It's like a .jpeg...if you enlarge it too much, you see the pixels....at the right size it looks great. Wraps are the same way....they look their best when photographed or you're @ 3 feet away...if you look at them like you're looking for blemishes in a gel coat,..then they look "grainey"....I'm sure the printers who make the actual vinyl wraps are getting better all the time and improving with every one they do...I can't wait to see my new boat later this spring. There should be a S&T wrapped Ranger at the Atchafalaya Basin FLW Tournament in Feb. in 'Weeziana

but that one won't be mine...it'll belong to Ranger and they'll take it from tournament to tournament...it'll have a Yamaha or an Evinrude on it since they are the 2 motor sponsors of the FLW Tour. I just show up and work the funzones on Friday and Saturday and do my promotional work with and for kids at the fun zones...passing out S&T coloring books....small freebies of S&T and Ranger merchandise etc..etc.!! My website will have all kinds of photo's and coverage as it developes. My personal boat which will be done later this spring will be built to my specs, and it'll have a 225Opti on it and my choice of elecs. and options, etc..etc..It'll be a blast!! Can't wait for Feb!!

Mac

Very informative Mac, didn't you post a pic of this about 6 months ago? Way to go, don't tell Tox, but you da' man

Yeah,..just the boat though,....the truck wasn't finished yet and it was all just a "proposal" anyway...now it's 99% reality,...but waiting for that final 1% is the gut wrenching part!! LOL Since GM dropped the sponsorship of BASS it really had me/us nervous,....but GM and the FLW haven't said one way or another if they're going to work together in 2004 so we still don't know. Either way, the diecast's will be available as a 1/43 scale Truck & Boat combo...and a 1/24th scale boat only. I have a 1/24th Nitro 911 in Dale Earnhardt's theme and they are an awesome model. You won't believe the detail in them...very very cool!! Even though I don't have the Nat'l name recognition of a major touring Pro...I think the kids and S&T fans alike will love those models just because they're so unique and different from all the rest...i mean,..what's cooler on a Bass Boat than a bunch of smilin; basses and a Frog giving you a thumbs up!!! LOL...I'd buy one just because it was cool as hell!!! ahahahahha

Where can i get a decal of the bass in between the tires on the trailer, not counting the one on the 1/24 model. mean looking fellow! I like him!

Wow that is so cool, I am very impressed. I liked it so much I almost ordered one.

Cass

A lot of stuff will happen like that once the general public sees the real boat.....all it will take is someone from Walmart to say,.."We want decals like that!" and bingo,..done deal. We need "consumer demand" and retail support....I have a wish list longer than the Mackinac Bridge including all kinds of stuff like t hat,..but until we get the retailers support...it'll remain on the "wish list"...ahaha.....bummer,..but that's the facts Jack!!

BTW,..Those won't be available until late summer!! That Dist. wasn't supposed to put that up yet!!..ahahaahah

But,..the cat's out of the bag now,....so if you ordered one,..it'll be awhile before it arrives!!! Many thanks though!!

Cass,..what do you mean "almost"?!.....LOL!!!

I venture across the straits every other year, wife born in'da U.P. eh!

There's one decal that may be avaliable (soon I hope), but ya gotta be a customer of mine!!! LOL

TOXIC

I start the neatest threads!!

You da man!!! Macdaddy I'm seein' your stuff everywhere....

Keep up the great work!

TEE

Thanks TEE,....We need to hook up sometime this summer and whack some Erie Toads!! (Course you'll have to ride in my boat if you don't mind!!..we'll be doing some running around!) How far do you live from Toledo??

My Santa promised me tee shirt and baseball cap for x-mas so I'm holding out for those. Any chance you will be coming out with an embroidered shirt with a collar?

Cass

Probably,..not sure when though....but if you buy a nice shirt on your own and send it to me,..I can have my logo put on it for you. That won't be a problem.

Awesome, will do that. Thank you!

Not far at all there Mac!...I'm just north of Dayton a little. I'm definitely ready! When do they start turnin'on up there? Around Bass Islands it's usually around the first of May....didn't get to do it last year because I spent so much time at Dale but, plannin' on burnin' Erie up this year(part of my new year's resolution)The smallies best be AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!

TEE HEE

FISH ON!

Oh! We can't order them yet? Glad I read that before I went back to put my order in.....

Mac, now you gotta come to the rally..... We can raise money for your favorite charity..... "Tattoos by Bill McElroy! Twenty buxs!" Everybody will want one - in the same place as Adam's! Teri first!

Me!,...you can place the order,.....but you won't get it until late summer.....it takes 4-5mos to get them AFTER AP places the order, and they won't do that until AFTER Ranger builds a real version of it......go ahead and order it and forget about it,...then when it shows up,..you'll be all SURPRISED!!...ahahahhaha...

JR,..No Fisherman series boats available....they don't have the tooling for those. No demand (yet)...and one request isn't considered "demand"..LOL!!

Hold off on the shirts for the time being,.....let me find out about the embroidery and maybe we can just have them sent there to get done,.....I don't want to be the "middle man" in all of this,....I don't have time for that....I can do a few,..but I'm not doing a "group buy" thing!! I've got a full plate now!!!

Good idea!!! Could offer it through my website! I'll talk to AP about that...thanks!

Mac,

I saw your ad in the new Bassin Magazine for the first time.....very cool stuff.

I told my dad i know who that guy is when i showed him the ad and he couldnt belive it.

I was wondering if you have a s/t windo decals out yet?

T.S.

Ordered one yesterday and can,t wait to be surprised! I'll buy the boat from you Mac then I'll have a scale replica of my boat!HAHAHAHA

hahahaha....perfect!!! Tell your wife,.."Dang!!...I was just playin with my toy boat in the tub,...makin' motor noises and all...and the dadgummed thang soaked all the water up and swelled to the size of a real one,..now that's savvy mate!!!"...ahahahhahaha

Giter-DONE!!!

Latest posts

Back