Yet another line question........

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Does anyone have an easy way to mark your reels to indicate what line you've put on them?

me?

I write the date and type of line (brand and weight),in very small print, on a piece of paper, cut it out with a scissor, and scotch tape it to the side of the reel foot that goes against the rod, where it stays put until I need to look at it.

I use a set of sticky labels used by electricians. They come in little vinyl squares on spiral-bound plastic sheets with "2", "4", "6", "8" and so on, pre-printed. I can take an x-acto knife, lift one of these little labels off (1/8" x 1/4") and stick them to the side of the spool or on the underside of the reel foot.

Since I only use one brand of line, all I need to know is what test line is on the reel.

If anyone wants me to find out the name/manufacturer of these labels, let me know with a post.

Now, why didn't I think of that..... Thanks!

Now, another question..... What about when you've got interchangable spools like on spinning reels?

me?

On Spinng reel spools I put a label on the underside of the spool.

Thanks, Guys! I've been doing a lot of switching around this week and I wasn't sure if I'd ever remember how I set up what!

me!

Latest posts

Back