Ya Know What Gives My Reel Backlash?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dougiemac

Ya know what gives my reel backlash? When you're sitting in your favorite fishin' spot and along comes one, two, three or more boats within spittin' distance of you. Seriously folks, it's a big lake! There's more than one spot to fish. It just seems likt bad form and very tacky to sit on top of someone else while theyre fishin'. Am I over reacting?

What things irk you while you're out on the lake?

I was out perch jerking, working with a slip bobber and small plastic for the wife to use. It is hard to fish when you spend all your time baiting someone else's rig. Please don't ask. This YAHOO came by, crappie fishing, and he had his Eagle Eye on me. I would not let him see what I was doing, but he knew I was catching something. I refused to let him see the rig and what I was catching. His curiosity got the best of him as he came up and asked "You catching anything?" I replied, "Don't guess I am holding my mouth right, cause ain't had a bite all morn". He gave me a long dirty look and finally left.

My favorite: People who insist on doing water sports in very narrow channels with significant boat traffic.

I like tubing, kneeboarding, and I enjoy watching people on skis and wakeboards, but it irks me to no end when, with 50,000+ acres of water to play on, people insist on playing water sports through tight spots. Inevitably, a tuber falls off, a skier goes down, right in the narrow spot, and everybody traversing the area has to come off plane and idle their way through.

My other favorite is boat ramp etiquette. Lots of two-or-three times-a-year boaters have no idea how to manage themselves when launching or recovering. "Let's back our boat down the ramp and load it there!"

and at a number of ramps there is a sign "BOAT STAGING AREA". 'Course I guess you have to explain STAGING. As my granddaughter says "My Bad".

Latest posts

Back