xps extreme rods

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan jones

Reaction score
a helpfull hint to anybody using these rods. i have had the reel pop off on three different xps extreme rods on the hookset. i got the fish but it's a little trickey fighting the fish and unscrewing the reel seet and attaching the reel back on. i've found that the rear of the seat is round on the pole and the rear of the reel is square with the corners rounded. which means it only contacs at 2 small points and not the whole rear. i bought 6 of these poles and i really like them. after this happened i grabbed the other 3 poles and grabbed the reals and popped them off really easy. if you take a file and round the 2 rear corners of the real this will fix the problem. 2 out the 3 fish were 4 1/2 and the other got off. i'm glad it wasn't a tourn. if you have these rods you might want to check this out. my reels were various quantun reels. if you can wiggle the reel when it is all the way tight then it could happen to you too. just thought i'd share this and maybe save somebody from losing a good fish. and again i really like these rods,but you might have to tune the reel to the seat. thanks stan

I can see how that would happen. I have either the Shimano Curados (201 or 101) or the Rick Clunn (2 years ago model left hand one) on my Extreme's and haven't yet, thankfully, experienced that one...but I bet a third arm would come in handy in that case! LOL, but I did have it happen on the spinning rod version of the bionic blade.

thanks! i have a couple bps extreme rods and will definately check them out. have caught good fish on each and haven't experienced any problems yet, but a good idea to double check.

jd

Haven't had the reel fall off yet but I do have to tighten it often. This could be the reason. I'll check it out.

Thanx

Harpo

I've NEVER had that happen.....

My solution.....

No fish over 3 inches!

I had an experience like that as well. Seems to me that some reels are designed a little thicker where they slide in to the "seat" (or whatever it is called). I thought it was easier to modify the reel than the rod. Regardless, it worked.

Latest posts

Back