X125 Lowrance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I put a X125 on the old Nitro last year the ducer is a shoot thru the hull affair. My first outing the greyscale seemed weak. Fish showed fine but weak bottom scale. My X47 on the front has a good greyscale. The water was pretty green but I remember a better bottom line showing last time I used it. Could the epoxy mount go bad over the winter? I mounted it strictly according to the book, no short cuts, clean surface area. Someone suggested resetting the default settings but I haven't touched anything from last year and I had a good bottom singal last year.

Ideas?

fatrap

May just need some fine tuning? My lms480 on the console I use for GPS 99% of the time. I was playing with the finder side the other day on the electric lake and had to turn the sensitivty down from the factory setting to get a good reading??? (through hull ducer)

Bruce

How is the bottom of you hull? Is it dirty? That might mess with it. Other than that, call Lowrance, their customer service is awesome. And if you don't want the unit, I'll trade you my X51 for it! LOL

Were you on a different type of bottom? In muck and thick weeds, my X87 goes nuts.

I was on a muck and marl bottom. The X 47 showed good greyline the X125 didn't. I will pour some water in the hull and see if it improves. The hull is spotlessly clean inside and out. I pour detergent in the bilge add hot water and take a drive cleans it pretty good. The unit was new in August of last season.

Thanks for the advice.

Fatrap

Latest posts

Back