WRECKED MY 640 LX....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie Demarco

Reaction score
Well, I was comming down the withlacoochee river in Dunnellon FL at only about 20 MPH and I went around a bend. An old couple (60's) was cutting the turn sharp on my side. They dident give me any room to move, and at the last moment, i turned a hard left to avoid them, they turned INTO me and Tboned me directly where I was sitting. Thank god the boat held up (nitro is ultimate performance). 640 LX weights about 1/2 ton so my boat dident really move when they hit me. (they were in a small green jon boat) which stopped on impact.. Then I hit the tree... HEAD ON. I had to get on a streacher and be brought to local hospital. I smashed my head on the dash when I hit the tree. They were OK and only had minor scratches on thier boat. Mine is completely totaled and sank... and they caused the crash... They shoudent be driving a boat. :angry: :angry:

P.S. they are gunna be at fault for the crash, and gunna have to give me LOTS of $$$$$$!! :D

Sorry to hear bout your wreck but I am glad you survived with relatively minor injuries. I hoe the old folks had insurance or money to cover your losses.

It doesn't have to be an older couple, I have seen the loacal yahoo's here do some really stupid things.

Example: Bass boats going out in fog, without wearing life jackets, without running lights and full bore to plane. These guys were in there mid 30's.

Eddie, I'm sorry to hear about your accident but am glad you, and the older couple, weren't hurt too badly. It could have been much worse. The season is almost over anyway so maybe next fall you'll have a brand new rig.;)

Bill

If your boat "really didn't move" when you were hit by "a small green jon boat" how did you manage to hit a tree "head on" hard enough to total your boat and sink it?

Sorry to hear of your accident. At least there was no injury. I wonder if the fogeys would even have insurance on a jon boat? Auto insurance won't pay for it and most people with cheap boats don't even get it. Hopefully you insurance will go after they're retirement! JK but I wish you well and here's to a new rig.

NoCAL

this is why I put uninsured boats rider on my boats insru. did not want to see this happen to me and the other person not having no insr. to cover my damage or injury. but glad to see you are not hurt real bad. hope the others are all right also

Latest posts

Back