Worm Spinners

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
I have been playing with the Talon spinners and Yamamoto 4 inch worm, the best setup that I have found for swimming or jigging is to screw the spinner into the head (fat end) of the worm, Texas rig the tail (small end) and it will come through weeds, grass, tree tops and all kinds of trash. Just be ready.

cq

Being that I am Pro Staff for Yamamoto, I have looked at these rigs ever since they were used in the Classic 2 years ago on the Red River. Cliff Pouchet used them. I included them in an article on my 20 favorite rigging options. The biggest criticism of the Senko is it's durability....and cost. Adding a spinner increases cost even more and when you lose a Senko to a short strike or the aerial fling that happens so often or even the violent thrashing a peanut smallmouth will give, you've just lost even more $$. I like the idea and I have had good success rigging the Senko on a Chatterbait and Spinnerbait but I am a little hesitant to rig the free spin for everyday fishing. Now the tough bite in a tournament would be well worth the extra coin.

For those that are Senko users, if you are not signed up for Yamamoto's ezine, you ought to. It used to be a paper production that moved on-line. All of my articles are there and searchable. Guaranteed no spam and a lot of informative articles. I put a link to it at the bottom. Biggest news out of the Yamamoto camp is the introduction of a pretty expansive hard bait line of baits. Yamamoto is now going to compete in the crankbait/jerkbait arena. If anyone would like the brochure just email me since the upload function is not working.
http://www.insideline.net/

I am the senior (in age) fisherman that piddles on the lake Monday to Thursday, except holidays. Do I catch a large number of fish each day? No, but I enjoy being on the water and trying different things. After saying that, if I fished hard and fast, 7 bags of ten worms for 50$ would get expensive. I always make my Christmas list available to all that buy for me at Christmas.

thanks for the link.

cq:)

It might, I was looking at natural color night crawler plastic worm that Cream makes. I would clip the head and screw in the spinner and rig form the tail. Not much difference from the drift rigs we used on Lake Erie. If you need good walleye lures I have a friend in Kingsland Ontario that has a bait and tackle shop. He really makes some nice rigs. If interested drop e-mail and put Nitroowners in subject line. I have some pics of drift rigs that I can e-mail.

cq

Latest posts

Back