Woodstock Keelshied Gang!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Hey Gang, well Dan and his dog (that's me!!) hit the water today, our best trip yet this year, over a dozen bass, and some crappie and a 7+lb Striper thrown in! Striper got named DINNER at the Trepper household, and Beka said "that is one Tasty fish!". Darn striper attacked my favorite Mini-me spinnerbait and bent the heck out of it, I did straighten it out and catch a nice 15 inch spot on it a few mins later, caught a few on a 1/4oz round jig and worm from Backwaters, and a few on a crank bait, Dan got all his spots in crankbaits, so we could not find a real pattern, and the few 1lb + crappie that attached our crankbaits and jig/worms were a nice addition.

After ripping lips all morning, Dan and I set about to install keelshields on both our boats. It took about 2 hours in total for both, working together with Beka supervising, and the boys "helping"!!

One thing we noticed was the 2 Keelshields (one 5ft black the other 7ft black) had 2 completely different set of directions, including one having a Roller, and the other having not only a squeegee instead of a roller but an "adhesive activator" that the 5ft didn't and didn't reference in the directions at all, and the 5ft came with a tube of 3m clear silicone sealant and the 7ft did not. So I wonder if we either got 2 different years (since the directions were also signifigantly different, but basicaly similar), or is the 5ft and 7ft that different??. So we installed them as each specific set of directions specified, and off we go!! Both Keelshields are black so on my black bottom Nitro you can't see it and on Dan's dark Blue bottom you can barely see it.

Here's a shot of our boats, all we need now is some Keelshield Hats or shirts - Hint Hint!!! LOL

2006 May Nitro Guys1 for web.JPG

I was at woodstock..Don't Dis Me.... Damm i am showing my age again...JR:rolleyes::rolleyes: i went out today got 1 bass 1 crappie..I hate Indiana..You are so lucky to have fish..We have to go to the supermarket to get fish..100.00 worth of gas was no problem to get though and that was 1/2 tank.........JR:wacko:

JR - You still draggin around that fat arse Ranger walleye boat??? LOL!!!

We took Dan's 640lx with the 90 merc, figure we burned about $3 of gas going less then 1 mile from the ramp in each directions!! LOL

And this was from the lake the locals call the "Dead Sea"!!! LOL

Cool pics~~~

JR, at least ya got out man!!!!! I stopped adding up the cost per fish a while ago..it was tooo painful, even on good catching days!!

On the cost per fish. It can never be justifiyed. Fishing is a way of life. It is a way to releave stress, build relationships, get fresh air. Realy enjoy the stories on the web site and the tips. I have had the boat now for 4 months and fish about once a week and I feal so much better. My little 90hp uses little gas so it makes it economical to fish plus the ramp is close. Only have to schedule the trip with my other half because she has the tow car. I drive a distance to work every day so I take the good gas car. Still Mike and I trade off taking boats so we save quit abit on gas, taking turns. It dosen't get any better than that. Mike and I live about 5 miles from each other and about 12 miles to the closet lake ramp. It is perfect.

Mike and I tend to get fish fever bad from time to time. He can call me and say let's go and I'm at his house before he even has his boat hooked up. Yesterday I picked him up and it has been two weeks sence he has been out and at 6:00am when I drive up to his house his gear was already at the end of the drive way. We got it bad.

Like the BPS comercial shay's, "Is your best frind 17"long?, do you schedule your days off based on the weather?" I do, I do.

Fishing is great and I love my Nitro.

Dan :D

"Is your best frind 17' long?, do you schedule your days off based on the weather?"

Yep, the wife and I took tomorrow off, and we're headed to the lake :)

Latest posts

Back