Wiring Diagram Needed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No wiring diagram but here's the "color codes". I used this last year to rewire my 2003 Nitro 288 Sport and it was accurate.
1700066551045.png

I have attempted to obtain a wiring diagram from Nitro-Tracker and they claim they do not have them available. You might be able to get some technical help from the rigging department at Russell Marine Products located in Eldorado, Kansas. They wire electronics (very professionally) and do installs on a variety of boats. I had them rig my HDS Lowrance Units, transducers, Active Target, etc to include the NMAA 2000 wiring, compasses, ethernet and a Pergo switch power shut off for the backbone. There info is online with phone numbers etc.

I don't think you will find a wiring diagram for your boat. I made wiring diagrams for 2 of my boats: 2 for a 1993 Nitro 190TF, and 3 for a 2010 21' Tracker pontoon. Maybe the Tracker color codes and my diagrams will give you some idea of how your boat is wired.
Even though it is quite obvious, I am not a draftsman. But I found some software that I could use to make templates to create new panels for the gauges and switches. The wiring on the Nitro was a mess. There were probably 50 line taps, the fuse block was bypassed, and most of the gauges were not connected. I ended up removing about 200 feet of wire that had been added and was able to reconnect the original boat and engine harnesses. I made the wiring drawings to help me keep track of everything as I went along.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• NITRO BOAT AND ENGINE HARNESS REVISED 4-25-2021.pdf
    291.9 KB · Views: 0
  • NITRO PANEL WIRING REVISED 4-25-2021.pdf
    155.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PONTOON BOAT AND ENGINE HARNESS.pdf
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PONTOON GAUGES.pdf
    102.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PONTOON HARNESS.pdf
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
cceguy, awesome diagrams! What software did you use to make templates to create new panels for the gauges and switches?
Thanks for the kudos. The software is "Back to the Drawing Board", available in the Microsoft Store for under $20.00, and has a free 7-day trial.
Before I retired I used many different CAD/CAM (computer-aided design/computer-aided machining) software packages to design and create parts to write CNC programs for manufacturing. So I am familiar with CAD, but not willing to spend a lot of money for something I could just trace. But when I saw the wiring and thought about some other projects I wanted to do, I started looking for CAD software.
"Back to the Drawing Board" is not perfect, but I don't think it can be beat for the price. Good for what I want.

Thanks for the kudos. The software is "Back to the Drawing Board", available in the Microsoft Store for under $20.00, and has a free 7-day trial.
Before I retired I used many different CAD/CAM (computer-aided design/computer-aided machining) software packages to design and create parts to write CNC programs for manufacturing. So I am familiar with CAD, but not willing to spend a lot of money for something I could just trace. But when I saw the wiring and thought about some other projects I wanted to do, I started looking for CAD software.
"Back to the Drawing Board" is not perfect, but I don't think it can be beat for the price. Good for what I want.
I'm retired as well. I've spent my entire career in the computer industry and am very literate in the use of software. I am too looking for CAD software, but don't want top-of-the-line pricing. What you created is perfect and is the exact type of diagram I want to create for my boat as well. I bought the boat used and the wiring is a mess. This software should do the trick. Many thanks.

Latest posts

Back