Wiring diagram for 1997 Nitro Savage 884

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I just purchased a 1997 savage 884 with a 150 mercury.
I am looking for a wiring schematic for the boat. There are several gauges and not operating ( trim, water temp) and I can’t get the MPH gauge not working. Doesn’t the MPH work off pressure.

Hello everyone!
I just purchased a 1997 savage 884 with a 150 mercury.
I am looking for a wiring schematic for the boat. There are several gauges and not operating ( trim, water temp) and I can’t get the MPH gauge not working. Doesn’t the MPH work off pressure.
Hope this can help, there is a PDF version also.... The PDF version is free and print which pages you want.

https://publications.brunswick.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=OB-SM-GT135&CartID=1

Speedometer or MPH is measured with water pressure to the gauge. If it does not read at all while driving down the lake, there is a possibility of blockage at the inlet. This inlet is a tiny hole located on the lower unit, in the front of the propeller just a little above the bulb part of the propeller.
With a 1/8 inch drill bit and vise grips, slowly eat away at the wood or gunk in the hole. Most of the time water will trickle out letting you know that it is cleared.
It should only go in about a little over an inch before it turns 90 degrees up.

DO NOT put on a drill and attempt to be "Tim the tool man Taylor."

Let us know if this helps

Latest posts

Back