Wiring/Batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

2023 Tracker Targa............Does anyone know if accessories plugged in to the 12 volt outlet are drawing current from all three batteries or just the cranking battery? Plan on doing some night fishing and we were unsure if 12v plug in or battery powered lanterns would be the best option.
I am used to the cranking and trolling batteries being side by side so you could easily swith the terminals if the cranking or trolling batteries wore down. But this boat has them well separated so I don't want to screw up and be unable to start the boat in the middle of the night.

Trackers come from the factory with only the trolling motor running off the TM batteries and everything else running off the starting/accessories battery through the fuse box. I got some ryobi lights that clip on the rechargeable batteries for my tools that work great. 3 levels of brightness and are small and easy to store.

Everything except the trolling motor runs off the cranking battery. I ended up adding a second battery and a selector switch to the cranking side and leave the switch set on one battery. That way I always have a fresh battery to start the boat if needed. I am usually out all day on small lakes so the engone does get much use so not much charging going on. But the fish finder (2A), the live well pump (1/2A), and a small 12V refrigerator (4A), are all running all day.

Thank you all. Battery powered lights seem like the best option. cceguy was right. I could have just disconnected one terminal. This is the first freshwater boat we owned that did not have the TM batteries next to the starter and it kind of threw me off.

Latest posts

Back