Wiring at the Cockpit Super Guide v16

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdaconda

Reaction score
Hello All, Newbie here trying to install a HDS Carbon 9 at the cockpit. I just need to power it up. Does anyone know which wires at the cockpit I should splice into, or is there another, easier way to do it? There are quite a few red and black and I don't want to mess with the wrong ones. Thanks much!

Assuming you have a SC (Side Console) model under your console you should have a fuse panel like this
DSCN2665.JPG
Take the cover off and locate a empty position for a new wire and fuse.DSCN2667.JPG
Do you still have the original locator unit that came with the boat, is it still wired in? If not use that location. when wiring up your unit use a In-Line fuse. Use a 3A fuse in both the fuse panel and In-Line holder. Remember unless your boat is the victim of BACK YARD ENGINEERING, Black is always ground and all other colors are positive. Do not splice into any wiring always use the fuse panel locations for installations.

Latest posts

Back