Winterization

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyrel Klein

Reaction score
Is winterizations something that can be done on my own or should I take it to a boat shop and pay for somebody to do it? Any help anybody can give would be great! Thanks...

I just go a 2003 Nitro 640 XL with a 50hp merc.... no complaints yet and I've had it out 5 times now.

Thanks for the help.

tricky question? arent you supposed to have the merc checked out after so many hours? if you are close, then have it checked out then have them winterize it, if not do a seach and follow the instruction to the letter, its not that hard.

mike c

I have always looked at it as cheap ($100) insurance. You can do it yourself, but it is always nice to have a second set of eyes checking things. On several occasions they have found minor things that left alone had I not seen them would have become major issues.

I'm assuming it is a 2 stroke, you didn't say. Here are the directions from the Mercury site for 2 strokes. If yours is a 4 stroke the process is different. I use mine pretty much throught the winter and is garage kept, so about all I do is put Stabil in mine. I see you are a lot further north.

http://northamerica.mercurymarine.com/_media/pdfs/serviceandwarranty/storage/StorageInformation-2Stroke.pdf

Latest posts

Back