Winter Projects

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
OK heres my wish list for this winter (after I get back from Fla in Feb) Keelshied, 3 bank Guest charger, LCX25C on console and move my LMS480 to the bow and add an auto bilge pump. Anybody else remodeling this winter (boat wise) we won't go into the projects I have planned for the house.

BF

My winter project? Clean out garage and get it ready for the arrival of the new boat in February...........yiiiiiiipppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Winter projects?? GO FISHING every weekend!!! LOL

Mine are Keelshield, ladder (gotta decide if I mount one, have it mounted or go portable), clean the carpet up good, install a 12 volt powerpoint at the bow, come up with a good tackle organizer systems for my storage boxes, and FISH every weekend!!

Well since mine is sitting in the yard all shrinkwrapped i wont be doing anything to it until spring. but i do have some upgrades planned.

1) sea star steering

2) x102c on the bow.

3) xm radio

Trep you may want to wait for warm weather to do the keelshield. When i did mine the instructions warned of possible adheasion problems if the hull's(not air) temp is less then 70deg.

All I plan on doing is moving to the Tampa area, can't take the cold anymore. so if anyone lives in the Tampa area I'm going to need some pointers on where to fish. :D

Jim - NOW YOU TELL ME!! I haven't ordered it yet but it was going to be my winter project as our lake gets drawn down 13-18 feet every winter and every boat ramp that is still open does NOT have any docks floating so you have to beach it on the ramp, rocks, sand!

Do it inside in your heated garage? Also the warmer the keelshield the easier it will flex.

RPK, my father lives in Spring Hill about 1 hour north of Tampa. He may not be able to tell you were to fish, but I bet he would sure like to go with ya??

BF

Most of all the stuff I wanted to get done is done...The heck with that Bruce, let's go to Arkansas wih my rig and visit my brother and fish..

Since my boat is shrink wrapped, the only things I will be doing regarding fishng is planning and purchasing new rods and reels (my current set is beat!), build storage and work bench in garage for fishing and boating stuff, and , as always, reorganize my tackle.

Bruce - Thats true while the garage isn't heated it is insulated and finished (the guy I bought the house from restored classic cars in it, so its dry walled, painted, drop ceiling...)!!

Bill on your way back from Arkansas come on down here!

I'm going to finish our :cool:bar/ mini kitchen:cool: in the basement this winter. Just waiting on the Christmas holidays to end and all of the "visitors" to leave to get started. Cheryl, my wife, asked me not to start until after the first of the year. She didn't want to deal with the mess and I have a bad habit of getting "zoned out" when I start a project.

Latest posts

Back