Will This work?

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
This is what I came up with to raise the bow off of the bow stop to do the repair, let me know what you think, should I move the whole platform closer to the bow so more surface gets the weight? Or the way I have it closer to the bunks is better?

Thanks,

100_9635 small small.JPG

feel free to resize it anybody, cause I'm readt to smash this PC:angry:, (deep breaths) ok , could someone PLEASE re-seize this as I do not have that feature on the PC I am working on. :)

I would think that would do it where it is at. Good luck and let us know on the results.

Clark

you are fine...

You should see how they dry dock big cruisers.

Mini

Thanks Mini, I do see them big 40'-50' + cruisers on the Deleware dry docked with just little pieces of wood or cinder blacks under the keel, but I'm assuming the keels are much stronger than my little Ranger, I can't ssem to find a spot on the keel to get a good level spot that can displace the weight, seems to want to just sit on one small spot and picnhes the keel guard, but again, it's just for 48 hours.

Thanks for the input.

CJL

I think that spot will hold for 47.5 hrs........better work FAST and no pee breaks!!:wacko:

J/K!!

Mac

Dont assume. Ranger is a well built boat.

Thanks for the input Mini, I got the Don's nod so I;m good to go,

LOL @ Mac, I hope it takes about 20 minutes to do the patch, it's the 48 hour cure time I have to leave it on the keel. I purchased the Marine Tex (Gray) epoxy for the fix, anybody ever use this stuff?

I have decided not to put on the SS Scuffbuster, I don't think it will look good on the hull, I can;t monitor the gelcoat chip to see if it spreads and reading the BBC & Toxic's comments they don't last long anyway, it also might not fit on the Bow of my Ranger becuase I have that flat peice on the bow right before the bow eye, I think that;s the extra reinforcement under the glass for the bow eye?

Oh Toxic, if your reading this, my better half just picked up a brand new Gator Mount 23.5, not sure if it's going to fit my needs, if yes, expect the big water mount shortly.

I got the brand new Gator Mount II 23.5 from the Ranger dealer for $200, I think that's a decent price?

CJL

You don't like to jack it?? :unsure:

JK

I don't want to do that becuase, my boat sits bow heavy on my trailer for some reason, and I'm on a slight downhill (towards the tongue) so I would still have to jack it, to get the bow stand off, but I don't know where it will stop once I lower it from the jack.

Oh Toxic, I just got home and checked out the new Gator Mount, she's a monster, same closed length as the big water when closed, 31" but the lower footprint is only 24" on one side and 27" on the other , due to the angled plastic bezel that guides your TM motor onto the mount when you stow. But the holes don't seem to match up with the current. So I may drill holes in the new mount, (just gotta figure if the end result justify the means to get there)

But I got a GREAT price on this new mount @ the Delaer, it's one of those newer Gator II with the spring.

I will let you know:

a) I destroy my boat in the process of fixing a gelcoat chip the size of a dime

b) when the Big water is ready to ship to you.

Back