will BPS ever open a store in New England?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Jordan

Reaction score
I would love to see BPS here in New England.

Could I reccommend Souther NH. It seems that

they are ignoring a large population center

Hey Dave, I know a quite a few people here on this board that might second that suggestion. I know I would! Since there aren't any BPS stores in the North East at all I think it would be an excellent business opportunity for them if to venture into our fair part of the country.

Cass :)

What about Canada ??!?

ken your the closest for me and it's 10-12 hours.

No plans for Canada that I know about....sorry.

It's worth the trip here though and we can get together with Mac for some fall-time smallies on St. Clare...

Let's do that...Any time in late October good for you ?...Mac i will contact once he's done with the important stuff. I'll bring the beer.

That works for me...get with Mac and don't forget the limes!!!

how close?

If your from the area then it would be a simple answer!

don't shoot me for this but this is the view of the tyical New Englander: If it outside of New England than it's too far. infact it doesn't exist. New englanders think any trip over 2 hours is an overnight event

southern NH would be a poke in the eye to Northern Bass supply which is in my opinion a FAR BETTER place than basspro I think that Basspro sells to the masses while Northern Bass has better gear and tends to cater to the serious bass fisherman. It may have been different years ago but I think that most of the items sold by basspro are junk . Don't get me wrong I'll still buy from basspro and I plan to go down for the opening of the new store in Baltimore. but if I have a choice I buy from Northern Bass.

Ouch...that's pretty harsh. With the largest selection of fishing gear in the world, I don't think it's all junk. Yes, we do carry all the pretty colored gizmos that don't catch much fish, but all the other big boys do too.

We have plenty of equipment and tackle that is suited just fine for "serious" fishermen.

Dave, we do not franchise, we are a privately held company.

Tom Mac, I don't see how you can say that most of the items sold by Bass Pro are junk. I figure that they sell the same name brand items that Northern Bass sells. They also sell inexpensive items that may be all that some can afford.

I personally try to support the one owner or Mom & Pop local tackle shops, but for most big ticket items I'll probably shop BP. BP ranks pretty high in my book in customer satisfaction also. Their return policy is second to none. I recently returned an $800 trolling motor (not in the box)after using it 2 weeks. I wheeled it up to the counter and said that I just didn't like it. All they did was smile and refund my money.

Russ

I've been to two Bass-Pro's (Atlanta and Springfield and let me tell ya...they have all i need! I would not mind visiting a Northern Bass supply too though...where are they ?

It took me years to realize than I really only fish a certian small variety of baits, colour and sizes....based on my confidence levels. It only takes me 5 miutes to throw all that through the window when I visit a Bass pro!

I still drool over the catalogs every year....it's almost time to put that order toghether.

Pierre

Thanx Russ and Pierre,

I figured there had to be a few fishermen that like us!!!

Thanx Rick...

If you , Russ, or Pierre get out to BPS in Michigan, stop by and see me and I'll give each of you a free "Bubble Gum sparkle triple-turbo twister-bladed double-skirted holographic glow-in-the-dark plutoniom-coated titanium spinner-bait!!!" LOL

Tom, I also like to support the mom-and-pop stores in our area too and will occasionally buy specialty items from them.

btw I live 6 mile from the NBS. that's all I say!

I've been to bass pro in mich. Nice place

Thanx Dave...next time your here, I'll get you one of them spinners too!!!

Hey Ken...The guys at Service have been working real hard lately. Think you could get us a deal on them there spinner thingies, too?

I don't know what you're all complaining about. I have no problem getting to a Bass Pro before the sun sets over the horizon. That's even after getting off work at 4pm. Boy, has that store in Springfield ever changed since my trips as a boy 15 years ago. I can't wait for that HUGE aquarium to be completed. I also LOVE ordering gear from there with the standard 7 day delivery and it showing up in 2 days.

mike

As one who lives in Southern NH myself there is nothing I would love to see more than a BPS Right in Nashua, Salem or Manchester. Maybe somewhere right next to Home Cheapo and Wally World. That way I could buy everthing I need all at once. Then I could come home, throw all of the Home Depot stuff in the basement for some later date and then go fishing...LOL

Serously though, I think BPS is missing out on a HUGE business oportunity. Sure I make one big spring catalog order but throughout the year I have wally world or some outrageously priced mom & pop store.

I visited my first BPS in Cincinatti in March and it was awesome!!!!

Marke

Hey Ken, I have a store here in Orlando, but it may just be worth the drive to MI for the BGSTTTBDSHGITDPCTST. LOL

Russ

Marke,

Sorry buddy, due to the plutonium it only comes the 3lb. version LOL

Marke,

Check with NBS they have the new improved version. It is fluorocarbon coated with triple needle bearings. Invisible and vibration free. Allows for countless effort free retrieves without those pesky bass trying to get it.

I know everyones having fun with this but theres a couple of good slams of NBS. I deal with them often and yes they do carry baits that BPS does not. Baits that I'm glad other fishermen don't have. If I call in my order before 10 AM today, that box will be sitting at my house tommorow when I get home from work. Ther's plenty of room in the world for different mail order tackle companies.

Jon,

I agree with you and I use other mail-order companies myself from time to time, however, if you look at the entire string, the initial slam against BPS near the top was definitely unjustified and a blanket statement that BPS sells nothing but "junk" is sure to illicit these types of responses from happy BPS customers who disagree...

I have no experience with NBS myself, but I'm sure they are a reputable company with a loyal client base as well.

And you're also correct in saying it's all in fun, we can all agree to disagree from time to time and still remain friendly...just ask Mac, he stole my last slice of lime once when he already had two in his icy cold Corona, but I still love him!!!

Latest posts

Back