Why?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Been a while fellas, every time I have tried to log on I have failed but today I sat and figured it out for a reason. I have some very sad news about one of our old NTOWS members. Mr. Bill Hamilton who lived on the hotside of Lake Anna and provided us with countless days of wintertime fishing, has passed away. I will be attending his funeral tomorrow. We just had our "Bill Hamilton Invitational" a couple of weeks ago. It was attended by more than 40 boats and Bill was thrilled. Please say a prayer for his wife and family. The picture of the dock shows Bill on his boat leaning on his buttseat on the very far outside of the dock (middle of picture). RIP Mr. Hamilton.

Attachments

• get together 2016 2.jpg
    get together 2016 2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 296
  • get together 2016.jpg
    get together 2016.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 254
  • get together 2016 5.jpg
    get together 2016 5.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 260
Very sad news. I too had to sit down and figure out how to log back in after so long, but as you did, I felt Bill deserved no less than that effort. What a great, generous, and kind soul has joined the ranks of heaven. RIP Mr. Hamilton.

Didn't know him but sorry for your loss. As we all get closer to our last cast these things hit close to home. Good thoughts for his family. RIP

Maybe it's just me but it sure seems like I am attending many more of these as well as hearing of a lot more illnesses and surgeries and overall loss. I've been with the government for over 31 years and I am thinking it's time to hang it up and go do the things that really make me happy. One of those things is to travel and fish the iconic bodies of water we have open to us. Guntersville, the big O, Falcon, Amistad, Mead, Powell, and a host of others. I have planned well for my retirement but as we all know retirement is a adjustment from a full paycheck. I'm at the point where I am willing to take my remaining years and live a little.

I am a retired Air Traffic Controller. I took all the stress and working on weekends, holidays, etc. so that I could retire at an early age. I retired at 50 years and 2 months old! The bad news is that when I turned 51 I found out that I had cancer. Eleven years later I am still here and am so glad that I retired when I did. I do not have the fanciest boat or the fastest or latest - I have a 2009 Nitro Z6. I can, however, wake up when I want, go to bed when I want and most importantly go fishing when I want. There's more to life than making money - enjoy life! I'm even considering selling my house and living in an RV! Yes, it does take some getting used to having a smaller paycheck and it is tempting to buy the latest boat but, you can do it.

Tox.
If you're headed West on I 80 I'm seventeen miles East of Omaha (Underwood, IA) a short cast off the Interstate. I'll buy you a coffee.
Mike
aka
fatrap.

Scott, just logged in for the first time in a long time (working really hard these days), and was very sad to see this.

RIP, Bill.

I just logged in for the first time in a while. Very sad to read about Bill :(

Latest posts

Back