Why I Like to Fish in the Rain!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Told ya!!!

I just knew if I went out today it would be good. It was so good, I put the little pvc boat in the garage instead of behind the house because I may just have to get back out there again!!

With a little help from my beautiful assistant, here are some pics. She was bummed cause she had to go to school!! The stringers are "double hung" with 2 fish per hook. That makes them a little hard to see. I was cleaning fish till 7 o'clock. You can't see them but there are a couple of 1 pound bull bluegills in there also. The lake is still not in full fall mode, most of the crappie were males and the 3 females I had were not big and their egg sacks were barely developed. That means they have not started the fall feed.

Can you hear the sizzling the peanut oil? Taste the fritters? Smell the cole slaw?

You ready KB? I'll save you some Ken, especially if you make a winter trip down. Anybody else ready to go slab hunting?:lol::lol:

web2.jpg

web1.jpg

TOXIC

Way to go tox.. Hey, the last time I saw your daughter her hair was nowhere near that long?

BUT, she gets cuter every day..You must be proud!

Too bad you didn't get down here to go get some White Perch. The ones I caught a week and a half ago were huge and boy did they fight.. I'm getting out this week and this time I'm keeping some. I love Crappie but White Perch and Bluegill are my favorite. Oh, along with Catfish, yummy.

Bill

WOW Tox, you gotta make a trip down here and show me how to get those, we got some decent fish not huge numbers in the spring.

Thanks guys, nuthin better than harvesting some of nature's bounty. This lake has 3 houses on it and no docks. It is 225 acres. The crappie ar good sized and delish!! I call it the grocery store lake. I was the only boat on the lake all day.

Trep....If you have them in the spring, you have them period, you just have to find them. I fish them all year long.

That is a TOTALLY overlooked tournament trail (the Crappie Series). Talk about a totally different disipline!! 12-14-16 foot extendable rods, and tiny lures on angel hair line. BPS has Wally Marshall (Mr. Crappie) rods and lures. Mike Polling from this site does some tournaments. He also pours lures and they work!! I will devote a couple of days a month to just crappie either on the big lake or the one above. I may even go back out this weekend just to get stocked up for the winter and just in case Neeley comes down:D

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back