White paint turning yellow

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Tully

Reaction score
Happy Holidays...I have a 2000 901 CDX that is white on the top half of the boat. The right rear corner of the boat has an area about 6" x 6" that is turning a faint yellow. I have no previous experience with gel/paint problems on a fiberglass boat and I'm not sure if this would be caused by damage to the boat prior to my purchase (it was new). Is the dealer responsible for this? Should I raise a beef about being sold a damaged boat if this is the case?

Appreciate your opinions in advance.

Dave Tully

Lathrop, Missouri

Dave, Don't know much about gelcoats but the dealer is where you should start and see where it leads. Give them a chance to help.

I was going to contact my dealer. Just wanted to throw my problem out to this group and get their expert advice. As luck would have it, my dealer (Lee's Summitt, MO) actually read the post right after I posted it, and had a call to me waiting on my phone when I got home from work. He has already contacted the factory to see what needs to be done. Now thats service!

Latest posts

Back